Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box

Posted By: BarW

Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 06/05/18 11:48 PM

I have two gen 2 touch 9's and a gen 1 8 hds lowrance
One of the nines has stopped networking with the structure scan box. Tried it on different network cables same issue. Date source selection only shows me the one hds-9 unit for sonar and structure scan and has (invalid) out beside it. I came up empty on google so I'm looking for suggestions or solutions. It started glitching a few days ago I turned it off and back on and it reset. Now I can't get it to network at all. The other two units work normally.
Posted By: Dayne

Re: Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 06/06/18 11:18 AM

I'd try a soft reset first. If that doesn't work back up all of your data then try a hard reset.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 06/06/18 02:24 PM

My first thought would be a bad Ethernet cable but since you already eliminated that, I would go with what Dayne suggested.

Soft Reset HDS units
(does not delete user data)
--turn unit OFF
--press and hold the PAGES button
--press and release the POWER button
--release all buttons when the HDS logo appears.

Hard Reset HDS units
(deletes stored user data such as waypoints and trails and settings) Back up your files to a SD card first!

--turn unit OFF
--press and hold both the ZIN and ZOUT buttons
--press and release the POWER button
--release all buttons when the HDS logo appears.
Posted By: Rob Jasper Lowrance Pro-Staff

Re: Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 06/06/18 03:57 PM

Just sent you a PM to call me so we can look at a couple of areas.
Posted By: Skip264

Re: Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 11/18/18 06:39 PM

Rob, I could use your help trouble shooting my structure scan. I have 3 HDS gen 1 working off the structure scan. All three indicate “no source”. I have power to the lss-1. All orange end cables are intact to HD’s and lss-1. I do not see any damage to the transducer or its cable to the lss-1. I also tried the soft and hard reboot but i still am seeing “no source”.
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: Lowrance unit not seeing structure scan box - 11/19/18 02:41 PM

Skip, do you see any lights on your structure scan box? you might want to check the in line fused the box.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum