Texas Fishing Forum

Florida Keys Next Weekend

Posted By: SeaHunter27

Florida Keys Next Weekend - 04/29/17 10:57 PM

I am headed to the Marathon area next weekend and rented a 27ft Prokat to get offshore. Plan on going to a couple of reefs. Any ideas or secret spots? Cords?
Posted By: Mo

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 04/30/17 10:51 PM

Not offshore, but tarpon should be good at Bahia Honda Bridges.

My best off shore trips were run n gun.. looking for birds , bait , floating objects or weed lines.

Drop live bait on the deeper reefs And it will get bit.
Good luck

Mo

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/01/17 09:15 PM

Awesome.

Thank You
Posted By: Mo

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/02/17 03:57 PM

I have never fished the Marathon Humps , but I understand they can be good.

http://www.flkeys-fishing.com/fishing/marathonhump.html#.WQisIVXyuUk

Might want to check them out on a calm day,

Mo

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/04/17 09:35 PM

Marathon Hump is exactly where I am going to try to get to. It's 23 miles offshore so hoping for some good weather. Thanks for the info!!
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/04/17 09:44 PM

We were down there last year and had a 25' boat. We did a lot of fishing off the reef about 5 miles or so out. Anchored in around 40' close to drop off and chummed. We used the frozen chum that you can buy at Publix right there in Marathon. Bring lots of it. The yellow tail are a blast to catch and you also can catch many other species. Another spot on the gulf side was the bamboo banks. We anchored in about ten foot and started chumming. Had a two man limit of mangrove snapper in less than 30 minutes. We never had the weather to make it out to the humps but are going back in June and hope to make it out there. Let me know how you do!

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/05/17 10:31 PM

That's exactly what we did last year. It was too rough to go further out. Looks like the weather might cooperate this time!!!
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Florida Keys Next Weekend - 05/20/17 05:27 PM

How was the fishing?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum