Texas Fishing Forum

Costa Rica or Panama

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Costa Rica or Panama - 08/08/13 02:20 PM

Has anyone ever been to either of these places? My wife and I are thinking about going to one or the other. I will get to fish for a couple of days, so tell me about your trip. Also, how are the beaches? We both love pretty beaches and clear water.
Posted By: trlrman

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 08/08/13 02:50 PM

if you want to lay on the beach and do the touristy stuff costa if you want to do the best fishing and enjoy jurasic park w/some tourist stuff then hands down panama ! don't get me wrong costa was nice but IMHO panama wins. i'll pm you a couple different spots to check out
Posted By: ditkarulz

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 08/09/13 04:38 PM

Tropic Star Lodge in Panama is on my Lottery List......
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 08/10/13 02:53 PM

I've been to both Costa Rica and Panama a couple of times. If you want to fish go Panama. The Oso part of Costa is nice wild with animals everywhere. That is the only place in Costa I would visit again. Stay away from San Jose in Costa. It's dangerous and not tourist friendly.

As far as Panama, Panama City is huge and looks like downtown Dallas. Women, whiskey, gambling are very previlant in Panama City. Very modern with everything would need in that town. I would fish the Pacific side. Panama has a infustructure. Paved roads and the fuel is a lot cheaper than in Costa where Venezula controls the fuel. It's about twice the price in Costa then Panama.

There's better places then Tropic Star. Do your homework and good luck. I plan on going back to Panama as soon as I get time.
It's a nice place.

Remember that it rains a lot from June to November in that part of the world. The rates are a lot cheaper, but it rains a lot in that time frame. Best fishing and visiting is from Jan to May.
Posted By: grescobia

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 08/13/13 12:00 AM

panama sportfishing lodge
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 08/13/13 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: grescobia
panama sportfishing lodge

between the research I've done, & the reports from folks
I've known (& not known) for anglers this is the best option.
it also seems to have some really good non-fishing attractions
with eco-touring, foodie stuff, etc.
Posted By: basspastor (retired)

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 09/01/13 11:46 AM

Try my area. goggle San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico....
Posted By: CaptStarrs

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 10/01/13 03:23 AM

www.thesailfishcapital.com

Guatemala has a ton to offer other than the best bill fish bite in the world. Check out Antigua, Lake Atitlan, and not to mention the beaches are incredible there.
Costa Rica is too Americanized aka expensive.
Tight Lines,
C
Posted By: Pmnav12

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 10/30/13 12:00 AM

both great places. check out the Zancudo Lodge in Costa Rica if you look to there. They have a new 32' contender for high speed tuna and marlin runs plus the inshore boats. beautiful places.
Posted By: Gone Shank'n

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 11/04/13 07:12 PM

Fishing has been off in Panama this year.
Costa Rica on the other hand has been great.
Posted By: wahoobill

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 11/04/13 08:41 PM

I have never been to Panama. My wife and I went to Costa 1999--

Went offshore-- caught 5 sails..1 98 lb bluefin... in first hr offshore-- best fishing of my life...we were in Quepos-- west coast...stay away from east coast...

Would love to try Panama...

Tight Lines....
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 11/06/13 07:43 PM

Costa Rica is nice !!,
Posted By: TexasHarleySales

Re: Costa Rica or Panama - 11/12/13 11:33 PM

The wifey will like CR better. But the fishing in Panama is in a completely different category. No comparison.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum