Texas Fishing Forum

Party boat tuna trips?

Posted By: vthondaboi

Party boat tuna trips? - 10/31/12 03:56 AM

Can anyone recommend party boat tuna trips out of galveston?

I was thinking about going down to Venice but with just two guys it'd be expensive for a private charter.

What are the chances of getting on some good fish either way?
Posted By: ChunknGrind

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 10/31/12 04:09 AM

I've never fished with them but Capt. John runs out of there and usually does well with the blackfin with a few YF scattered around too. The only real disadvantages I can think of are they don't sail if it gets very sporty and it could be crowded. It is a good trip for the price I believe and I'm sure someone who has fished with them or is more familiar with Galveston can offer more suggestions.
Posted By: SCOTT42

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 10/31/12 08:40 PM

Im not sure if your intrested in a trip out of port aransas or not but im booked for a trip on nov 17th there, there just might be an opening or two left.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 11/04/12 09:46 PM

I have been on both Galveston boats and had a great time, $300 is about the going rate, Galveston Party Boats lets you take food Capt dont but is not over priced, ask anything you wish, you will love it I sure did. When you pack cut everything you can out. Small pillow is a must! 2 rods are enough, I took 3, not again, rain suit,cap with light on bill a must or clip on light and extra batteries, thats a lifesaver. Pliers, change of clothes. If you dont need it dont take it, get to dock early, better parking and get on boat quicker and ger good place inside to sit.
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 11/04/12 10:57 PM

My wife loves the Off Shore Fishing. She and her sister are going next weekend (Nov 10-11) on a Tuna Trip. She works the consession on the Capt John during the summer, and during the School Year, she works for Garland ISD.

This will be a Pleasure Trip for her.

keith
Posted By: hamster1

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 11/08/12 05:15 AM

Dien,
You getting into tuna now? It's dangerously addicting! I have a charter booked with Eddie Burger on Jan 19. Let me know if your interested
Posted By: vthondaboi

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 11/08/12 09:07 PM

David,

Yea I'm giving it a try. Hope my knots are up to snuff or I'll end up using boat stuff. Sitting at home at nights learning how to tie all these new knots is a chore. Me and a buddy are booked for next weekend on Capt John.

I would love to go to Venice and but will be in Long Beach that weekend and I'm definitely not there for fishing!
Posted By: jig

Re: Party boat tuna trips? - 11/13/12 02:27 PM

I really like the capt john trips. Just make sure you bring some appropriate jigs to fish with. 5-7oz are fine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum