Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Trip

Posted By: StayingBent

Galveston Trip - 05/22/20 11:13 PM

I will be down in the Galveston area for 4th of July weekend and looking from the 3rd to the 5th. Was trying to get out deep sea fishing while I am down there. Anyone going out and how much?
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/23/20 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by StayingBent
I will be down in the galvinson area for 4th of July weekend and looking from the 3rd to the 5th. Was trying to get out deep sea fishing while I am down there. Anyone going out and how much?

That's Galveston........
Posted By: StayingBent

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/23/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Originally Posted by StayingBent
I will be down in the galvinson area for 4th of July weekend and looking from the 3rd to the 5th. Was trying to get out deep sea fishing while I am down there. Anyone going out and how much?

That's Galveston........

Thanks
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/23/20 05:09 PM

check out the Galveston party boats. also Williams party boats. both of those places run an offshore trip and nearshore trips.
Posted By: Gainzachoo

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/26/20 01:43 AM

Are the party boats fun? Ive been looking into them. They are definety the most affordable by far. I just wasnt sure how much fun it would be fishing shoulder to shoulder straight down...
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/26/20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gainzachoo
Are the party boats fun? Ive been looking into them. They are definitely the most affordable by far. I just wasn't sure how much fun it would be fishing shoulder to shoulder straight down...

"fun" can be subjective. If you're looking for a snapper trip offshore, then they are affordable...but be prepared to be shoulder to shoulder with numerous people who don't know how to fish and who many times get seasick, not to mention those who feel the need to crowd you when you catch a fish. Many party boats won't let you use a rod and reel with braid (due to the fact they get so many tangles) and the rods/reels they use are old fiberglass rods with Penn Senator 114h's (or similar). Typically just bottom dropping. They occasionally will run into a school of kingfish and will float cigar minnows out on a light wire leader.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/29/20 05:01 PM

Olivia J charter is a great guide that will take you out half day for about $150 each. My daughter and I go out with them. Will not put more than 6 on the boat. He will get you on kings, in state snapper and bull reds. Below pic is from last year. http://www.oliviajcharters.com/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Riverrat9

Re: Galvinson Trip - 05/31/20 08:56 PM

Pay a little more and go with less people. Or go party but a really long trip 36-50 hours. JIMO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum