Texas Fishing Forum

Maui, HI Charter Recommendation

Posted By: thebreeze64

Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 05/19/19 12:22 PM

We are looking at going to Maui, HI the middle of September and was thinking about doing some fishing while we were there. Does anyone have any experience with any of the charter boats there, or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 05/20/19 06:32 PM

I went in October 2010, the company I work for paid for 4 boats to go out of Lahaina, it was an expensive boat ride, out of 4 boats fishing for 5 hours, 1 fish was caught.
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 05/21/19 10:31 PM

Been several times. Unless it is out of Kona the fishing anywhere in the rest of Hawaii sucks. Save your money and do something else on that wonderful place.
Posted By: thebreeze64

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 05/24/19 12:39 PM

That's what I was afraid of.

I do appreciate the help.

Thank You
Posted By: 1WithTXFish

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 06/05/19 09:26 PM

I always bring a travel rod, some smaller jigs and other lures. I usually hit the rocks and other structure early in the morning before the sunbathers come out. Mostly around Kaanapali Beach area.
Posted By: Jaustin

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 06/24/19 11:45 PM

Just got back from our 7th or 8th trip to Maui. I went out on a charter one time and like others have mentioned it turned out to be an expensive boat ride. We usually stay in south Kihei and there are a lot of good reefs along the shore. I use size six hooks and a split shot for tackle. I buy whole squid and cut them up into small pieces and freeze them in sandwich bags. It's warm enough that by the time I get to my spot I can start getting pieces loose for bait.

You can use google earth to see reefs near where you are staying or other areas you might want to fish. Also like others have said, early morning is best. I'll try and post some pics later..

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 06/24/19 11:48 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 06/24/19 11:51 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Maui, HI Charter Recommendation - 06/25/19 01:02 AM

[Linked Image]