Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation

Posted By: JJ4MEL

Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation - 09/11/18 09:33 PM

Looking to take my daughter out deep sea fishing sometime between 10/6-10/9. Any good boats going out between Galveston to Freeport?
Posted By: chuck_w

Re: Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation - 09/21/18 02:01 AM

Are you wanting to charter a private boat or looking for a recommendation for a party boat? Party boat will be around $100 per person, private charter closer to $1000 total.

Re: Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation - 09/21/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: chuck_w
Are you wanting to charter a private boat or looking for a recommendation for a party boat? Party boat will be around $100 per person, private charter closer to $1000 total.

Looking to spend no more than $400 total. Was hoping to find a day trip to catch some kings, shark, ling, etc. Nearshore, rig or shrimp boat fishing.
Posted By: chuck_w

Re: Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation - 09/23/18 03:29 PM

$400 for two people will basically get you on a party boat for offshore. The New Buccaneer with Galveston Party Boats is a good boat. Also check on the Bluefin in Freeport.

Re: Looking for a deep sea fishing recommendation - 09/24/18 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: chuck_w
$400 for two people will basically get you on a party boat for offshore. The New Buccaneer with Galveston Party Boats is a good boat. Also check on the Bluefin in Freeport.

Bluefin was my #1 choice, but they don't have an open trip the weekend I am going. New Buccaneer is targeting vermilion snapper currently.

I decided to book a trip on the Olivia J fishing boat out of Freeport. It is a shared trip for 5 hours. No more than 6 people. Main target of fish is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully all goes well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum