Texas Fishing Forum

Destin charter recommedations?

Posted By: justindfw

Destin charter recommedations? - 06/08/18 06:21 PM

Heading to Destin in mid Aug. Any charter boat recommendations for offshore. Thanks
Posted By: JRR

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/13/18 10:49 AM

I've been with Daybreak and TopGun but both were a few years ago. August is hot !!! I walked down to the kiosks at the docks and went as an add on. Many different length trips, I told the girl I wanted to go with whoever was catching the most fish and she put me on Daybreak and we tore them up. Amberjack, Grouper, snapper, scamp.....talked to deck hand on a boat that had a bunch of fish another time and asked if they had any add on spots, he called the captain and said they didn't have a trip planned but if they had and needed another I would have jumped on. The longer the trip then generally the further they can go out. Don't hesitate to get to the docks on Monday and watch the catches then go talk to them and see if they have any spots that week. Completely different if you're wanting to charter a whole boat but that would cost the same as the house for the week......
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/15/18 04:13 PM

I fished on the boat called Striker just yesterday. It's not the biggest or nicest fishing boat in Destin, but Bill and Jake put us on the fish. We limited out on red snapper (biggest was 30 pounds!!!!!), lots of AJ (out of season though), mingo snapper, one wahoo, and one mahi mahi. Of course the normal bonita and such as well as a jack crevalle.

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/15/18 06:56 PM

You mean mingo snapper? Aka beeliner or vermillion
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/15/18 07:20 PM

typo, my bad....
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/25/18 03:09 AM

now that sounds very fun! a big old AJ would give me the thrill I am looking for, with the reef fish to fill my belly.
I'll make note of that boat. thank you.

Justin, when will you be there? I will be there the 11th-18th. may need to book a boat together for a better price and share some tff stories roflmao
Posted By: Daniel Schindler

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 06/26/18 04:51 PM

Im heading that way Friday, will be there till the 8th. Im fishing with Backlash Offshore Charters on the 5th. Looking forward to it

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 07/03/18 11:19 PM

Just saw your reply skeeter. I have actually already booked with a charter and have a full boat. We are going with champion charters on the 16th of august.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 07/04/18 05:37 AM

if you lose one, text or call me. 972-672-5411 we will be in gulf shores that week.
Ronnie Manning
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Destin charter recommedations? - 07/26/18 08:37 PM

If you ever go back Capt Stan Phillips on the charger boat Destination is fantastic. I have been on 50 or so offshore charters and 3 of the top 5 trips have been with Capt. Stan! The best was in August for AJ’s, Grouper, Black Fin & wahoo.

I promise you won’t be sorry if you go with him.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum