Texas Fishing Forum

deep sea fishing out of port aranses

Posted By: Book of John

deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 02/21/18 12:06 AM

I am trying to get lead on a good charter trip for my grandson graduation in june.Have not been out for some years and I want my grandson to have a great experance.If you have a good captain and what is the going rate for 2 people?
Posted By: dolphinslayer1

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 02/21/18 10:33 AM

There are some great options for private charters in port aransas. The first two I would need to mention, are Badfish and No Azul. If you are on more of a budget, Billbusters has a fleet of small 6pack boats, that are reasonably priced.

There is also the option of jumping on a party boat. You could go for several days for less than a private charter. However, during snapper season, these trips can be frustratingly packed. I run the Pelican,at deep sea headquarters, but in June I have private charters almost every day. However, we have 2 other boats that will also get you on the snapper.

Whichever you chose to do, book as soon. As you can, as these dates fill up early.

Good luck.

Capt. James Wheeler
Posted By: Book of John

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 02/21/18 03:20 PM

Thanks for reply.I went out on party boat back in the 70"s and had a ball. what is the limit on snapper now? also do you do over night trips.When i went out years ago we went out 50 miles but did catch a lot of fish the limit was 5 if i remember right.Also do you have a website that tells cost and type of fish you go for? Thanks.
Posted By: dolphinslayer1

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 02/28/18 04:50 AM

The prices at my company are $75pp for a 5hr, $110 for an 8 hr, and $140 for a 12 hr. All the party boat companies in Port Aransas are pretty close on price.

The limit for red snapper in federal waters is 2 per person, and in state waters it is 4 per person. The federal snapper season for for-hire boats is anticipated to be June 1-july 19, but that is subject to change, and we are waiting for the final ruling. During federal snapper season, in federal waters, it is almost a guarantee to catch a limit, every trip.

My company and another have a boat without federal permits on it, that targets state water snapper the rest of the year. The boat must remain within 9 miles from shore, and you can retain 4 per person on these trips. The only downside to state water fishing , is shallow water fish can become finicky, and days come from time to time where the boat does not get a limit.

Yes, we run 24 hr trips that time of year, and you can keep a 2 day limit of snapper on those trips
Posted By: be back when?!!

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 03/18/18 04:47 PM

We went out with Butch Findley , caught our limit of snapper 3-16-2018. See his facebook page.
Posted By: Texascoast20

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 03/21/18 06:40 PM

Has anyone been to Boatmans Reef lately. I have heard it is almost impossible to find with the coordinates off the TPW website. Any insight on this? It seems very convenient for an offshore trip at 5.5 miles off Port A.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 03/31/18 01:01 AM

I have seen some reports of really nice size snapper caught lately off Boatmans.
And yeah I can tell you the published numbers are worthless.
Posted By: StayingBent

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 04/30/18 01:42 PM

When is the next outing?
Posted By: StayingBent

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 05/08/18 03:48 PM

You have a website for booking info
Posted By: boocat

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 05/09/18 01:40 PM

dolphinslayer1 pm sent
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: deep sea fishing out of port aranses - 05/18/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Lmgreeri
I have seen some reports of really nice size snapper caught lately off Boatmans.
And yeah I can tell you the published numbers are worthless.

How far off are the cords?
I may spend a couple days in Port A this summer.

Feel free to PM me the real cords if you don’t mind. My gps is the only thing I’ll share them with. grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum