Texas Fishing Forum

Houston high school team

Posted By: Catching Air

Houston high school team - 09/06/17 09:54 PM

Is there any club that is not affiliated with a certain school that fishes in the Houston division? Any contact information would be appreciated.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Houston high school team - 09/06/17 09:56 PM

Think I read something a while back about a guy that home schools and it was difficult for him to find a school for him to hook up with, as I THINK the school was involved in some type of sponsoring.

Re: Houston high school team - 09/06/17 09:58 PM

Every team in the THSBA must be associated with a host school. In order for a home-schooled student to fish, you must submit a Home School & Out of District Student Roster to THSBA and that must be signed by the host school board of trustees. These are THSBA requirements.

This was cut and past,but I think there is another in addition to THSBA, my neighbor mentioned wanting to fish one that moves a lot, one only fishes Toledo and Rayburn from what he understood.
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: Houston high school team - 09/07/17 01:58 AM

Not true. The THSBA does not require that every team has to be associated with a host School. We do however require that if an out of District student or home schooled student joins one of their teams, the school must sign a form stating they are allowing that student to fish with them.

Re: Houston high school team - 09/08/17 03:35 PM

MR. Haugh I stand corrected.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum