Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"???

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 06/13/17 07:30 PM

The Lake Fork Sportsman's Assoc decided that perhaps they could help some of the kids on the high school teams by collecting used tackle, refurbishing them, and then offering them to the following high school fishing team coaches:

Rains, Alba-Golden, Mineola, Quitman, Yantis and Winnsboro. Only one has responded.

Perhaps if you are member of those teams you need to give your "coach" some incentive to get in touch with them and go and get some free stuff.

For the time being until we have heard from the schools listed we are not entertaining any other requests for help.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 06/13/17 07:55 PM

First I've heard of this.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 06/13/17 08:23 PM

Sorry, I should have PM'd this. PM Sent
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 06/14/17 02:36 AM

TDH The LFSA has been advertising around the lake for the last year or so and taking donations of tackle. All the "old" tackle has been refurbed and is now ready for distribution.

Because we are a non-profit those anglers that donate the tackle can deduct it off their income tax if they want. We have forms for that too.

Our committee chair is supposed to post on here a link for schools to the local schools to request some of the tackle.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 06/14/17 03:30 PM

Thanks for your support.
Quitman had several "new" teams show interest a month or so ago at the last meeting. I'll pass this forward as soon as they have another meeting.
Posted By: TXHAWGDOG

Re: Lake Fork Area High School Teams "don't want free tackle"??? - 07/25/17 02:37 PM

Has the Rains Highschool contacted you about any tackle ? I am a boat captain for one of the teams and would be interested about anything for these kids.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum