Texas Fishing Forum

Boat captain needed

Posted By: BCBPuma

Boat captain needed - 08/23/22 09:55 PM

We are a home school group out of Sulphur Springs Tx. In need of a boat captain for the season or part of the season. All help is appreciated. We fish the northeast division.

Derrick
903-440-1514
Posted By: Youthguide

Re: Boat captain needed - 10/17/22 02:58 AM

i am starting a new high school boat captain service, i know most of the high school tournament lakes real well. check me out on google. Clint Farris the price is very reasonable per tournament plus gas and ramp fees < let me know if i can bee of assistance to any of the high school teams . 817-308-1002 THSBA certified with all safety and background checks as well. I have a 21' Ranger 521 vx
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/10/22 05:01 PM

would you give an idea what this service cost per tournament?
Posted By: Joey J.

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/12/22 02:36 AM

Good question. What are your rates? Do you charge by the tournament or for the entire season?

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/12/22 05:20 AM

Pm sent to s smith and Joey j
Posted By: RWjr

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/14/22 08:01 PM

What are your rates?

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/18/22 01:22 PM

Pm sent to rwjr , thank you
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/24/22 03:20 PM

Can this even be done for a high school tournament. Kind of like hiring a guide.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Boat captain needed - 11/27/22 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher
Can this even be done for a high school tournament. Kind of like hiring a guide.

Technically not against the rules ...
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Boat captain needed - 12/04/22 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

If his advertising is that he "knows most of the high-school lakes real well", is he advertising as a guide or a captain?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Boat captain needed - 12/06/22 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

If his advertising is that he "knows most of the high-school lakes real well", is he advertising as a guide or a captain?

Don't know that " knowing the lakes" would qualify him as a guide. I've fished most of the lakes THSBA visits for years and it certainly doesn't qualify me as a guide... They do have rules about hiring a guide for a specific lake within a specific time period and rules about guides being a captain on lakes they are actively guiding on.
This guys seems to be someone who is just trying to cash in on HS fishing while he can.. At least he is doing it in the open, some parents and captains are not. There will always be parents who try to buy little Johnny an edge to gain a trophy in the "look at me" world of today.
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Boat captain needed - 12/17/22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

Don't know that " knowing the lakes" would qualify him as a guide. I've fished most of the lakes THSBA visits for years and it certainly doesn't qualify me as a guide... They do have rules about hiring a guide for a specific lake within a specific time period and rules about guides being a captain on lakes they are actively guiding on.
This guys seems to be someone who is just trying to cash in on HS fishing while he can.. At least he is doing it in the open, some parents and captains are not. There will always be parents who try to buy little Johnny an edge to gain a trophy in the "look at me" world of today.

YEP
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum