Texas Fishing Forum

THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Ken Starling

THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/16/22 12:26 PM

Congratulations to the team of Cole and Blaise from Columbia HS 2 day total 25.95 takes home $12,000 in scholarships. Pics to come. Cannot upload from my iPad for some reason.

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/16/22 12:31 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Joey J.

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/16/22 12:33 PM

are the results on the app yet?

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/16/22 12:35 PM

Not yet. Will be today sometime.
Originally Posted by Joey J.
are the results on the app yet?

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/16/22 04:26 PM

Results are posted on website and app

https://thsba.net/tournament-results.html?id=6255a556aa3d054dc33873a1
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/17/22 01:44 PM

Totally AWESOME! Congratulations to the Columbia High School Bass Team! bow_down
Posted By: Joey J.

Re: THSBA STATE CHAMPIONS - 05/19/22 04:32 PM

Excellent jog to the winners and the Captain!!! Below are my remarks i put in the Bass section on the long thread. I wanted to share them here as well.

I had no idea what to expect from Belton going into this tournament. I knew it was deep and clear water. No big deal after fishing Texoma for the Regional qualifier.

My trolling motor fell apart on practice day so i spent the entire day looking for parts or a replacement trolling motor to no avail. We used one of my anglers Dad's boat for day 1, but ended up spinning the prop. They ended up catching several fish, but only one over 14", 262nd place after day 1.

So back to my boat and no trolling motor for day 2. It was an adjustment not having a trolling motor, but my anglers overcame the adversity and managed to put two keepers in the live well. They finished the tournament in 212th place,

The winning weights were about what i thought they would be soon after we started on day 1.

I really enjoyed being a captain for these two anglers this year. We zeroed in the first tournament out of the box. Had a second place finish at Texoma (by 1.6 oz.), and finished all other tournaments respectfully. One of my anglers got Angler Of The Year and the other Rookie Of The Year for their high school. I"m pretty sure they learned much from the experience.

I do have concerns for the size of the tournaments. Even the divisional tournaments have at least 160 boats. Not a big deal on larger impoundments, but on smaller lakes made for very few fishing opportunities. I never saw any dangerous boating and all of the competitors were always nice to talk to on the water. I'm sure many of us on the forum wished that a circuit like this would have existed when we were in high school.

I think it's great that we have so many captains willing to volunteer our time to guide young anglers and give them an opportunity to do something other than being on XBOX or some other game console. I'm an educator and i've seen the results of kids being raised by Ipad. It doesn't look good. I like the option of getting kids outdoors and or on the water much better.

Thanks Ken and THSBA for the opportunity and the time you put in to make this circuit happen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum