Texas Fishing Forum

Kennedale HS

Posted By: machinist

Kennedale HS - 09/10/19 04:59 PM

Does anyone know if Kennedale High School has a bass fishing team? My Grandson will be going to KHS in a couple of years and he loves to fish. I think I can make him into a bass fisherman plus I have a boat and plenty of equiptment.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Kennedale HS - 09/10/19 06:05 PM

I don't know if they have a team. Go to the THSBA web page and they have a current listing of schools involved.

If they don't, start one. If your not interested in that, you can go to a school nearby that does have a team and fish with them. There are a ton of options available if a kid wants to fish!

Re: Kennedale HS - 09/11/19 02:30 AM

I live in Graham so me starting one at KHS is probably out.
Posted By: Old Man Skeeter

Re: Kennedale HS - 09/11/19 03:16 AM

Kennedale has a fishing team. They are in the West division.

Re: Kennedale HS - 09/11/19 08:02 PM

Thanks
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Kennedale HS - 10/15/19 11:54 PM

Yes, we have a fishing team. I am the sponsor of it. Look me up when you get here.

Danny Wilcox

Also, you might want to check out our Youth Outdoors Convention in January 11th! It is posted in the Bass Fishing section. Gary Klein and many other great presenters will be there!

Re: Kennedale HS - 10/21/19 02:33 PM

Bring your kids and come join the fun January 11th at the Kennedale ISD Performing Arts Center at 901 Wildcat Way in Kennedale! This youth convention is geared towards allowing youth from across Texas and their families to see what all the State of Texas has to offer for your kids!

Admission will be $11 in advance or $15 at the door. You may purchase your tickets here: https://kennedale-outdoor-education-booster-club.square.site/ Seating is limited to the first 1,000 paid spectators. The best way to ensure entry to the event is to purchase your tickets online. Thank you.

9:00am-9:45 Bob Barnette and the Texas Youth Hunting Program.
10:00-10:45- Texas High School Bass Association
11:00-11:45- Dan Bennett Bois D’Arc Lake and Ralph Hall Reservoir
12:15-2:15- Gary Klein and Steven Bardin- Major League Fishing and Bass Brigade
2:30-3:00- Kyle Brookshear TPWD Sharelunker Program
3:15-4:00- Steve Hall- Student Air Rifle Competitions and Hunter Safety
4:15-5:00- Texas Brigades Summer Camps
5:15-6:00- NASP, TASP, TPWD's Explore Bow-hunting, and TPWD's Explore Bow-fishing Programs.
6:15-7:00- Deborah Wade ATHENS Freshwater Fishery Center

This convention will have booths in the lobby for 1 on 1 interaction with pro GT and your kids may be interested in. I will make a post on it when the online ticket sale site is up and running. Proceeds go to benefit the Kennedale Outdoor Education programs.

Re: Kennedale HS - 10/23/19 07:50 PM

[Linked Image]

And then we have the Texas Two-Step with NASP archery the weekend after that! The Two-Step is one of the largest school competitions in the state of Texas outside the state tournament! If your school is involved in NASP archery (like many of the bass fishing teams are), then please consider coming to shoot in this one of a kind format tournament! Kids can win individual and team awards at each site, and then special Two-Step awards provided by our sponsor the Willow Bend Hunt Club, Inc. The top male and female HS archers in the combined score format tournament win $1,000 scholarships! The top combined score team in each division wins their choice of a Genesis bow or a Morrell Target! Trophies awarded for the top 3 teams in each division for combined scores, and the top 3 male and female archers from the individual scores will be awarded a special Two-Step Texas boot plaque to recognize their achievements as well!

Let me know if you have any questions about either event...the Youth Outdoors Convention or the Two-Step. Thank you!

Re: Kennedale HS - 11/07/19 12:03 AM

And update for the Youth Convention...we will also have an African hunting guide set up in the lobby with great packages available. And Tom Hungerford with the TPWD Inland Fishery division will have a TPWD electroshocking boat, gill net, and trap net available in the parking lot midday for demonstration purposes. There is a possibility of a backyard bass casting station set up outside as well...all depending on the weather.

We will also have a meal deal available on site for $5. It will include two hot dogs, bag of chips, and a drink for $5. Those meal deal tickets will be available on site for purchase after admission inside.

Folks...we want this to be a family friendly atmosphere and for you and your kids to ha e a great time while seeing all the opportunities available to them in the state of Texas! Come join the fun!

Re: Kennedale HS - 11/09/19 02:19 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kennedale HS - 11/15/19 06:53 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/09/19 11:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/09/19 11:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/09/19 11:35 PM

These are the first two speaker spotlights for the Kennedale Youth Outdoor Convention! Stay tuned for more to come as we get closer to the event date of January 11th! Don't miss out on this tremendous event!

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/12/19 10:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/17/19 07:33 PM

https://kennedale-outdoor-education-booster-club.square.site/

8 days until Christmas! Stuff your high school anglers stocking with this awesome day long gift for only $11 using the link above! Tickets are $15 at the door.

Re: Kennedale HS - 12/18/19 10:07 PM

[Linked Image]

The 4th installment of our Speaker’s Spotlight...ShareLunker Coordinator Kyle Brookshear!

Re: Kennedale HS - 01/06/20 05:14 AM

Where will you be this Saturday? When will you get the opportunity to hear all these tremendous speakers at one location again? Come see what all the excitement is about! This is a family friendly, kid oriented convention designed to give you info on how to get your kids involved in a plethora of opportunities that are being presented! See you Saturday!

Re: Kennedale HS - 01/06/20 05:26 PM

TPWD Inland Fisheries Tom Hungerford will have the electrofishing boat on site in front of the Performing Arts Center from 9:00 am until at least 1:00 pm for spectators to see and inquire about. Come find out how our biologists in Texas use electrofishing equipment to monitor our fisheries!

Re: Kennedale HS - 01/10/20 11:11 PM

Last reminder! Don’t miss out on this tremendous event! The temperatures may be cold outside, but this will be an indoor event! Never before have all of these kid oriented organizations been together in the same place at the same time! Come see what all Texas has to offer your family
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum