Texas Fishing Forum

Took a year(or more)off

Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Took a year(or more)off - 01/17/23 09:36 PM

I had gotten down to 204 several months ago. Then got lazy and got busy with work. Ended right back where I started. 236.
started back last week. lost 7 lbs already.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/18/23 11:48 AM

I feel your pain.

The holidays were not good to me.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/18/23 06:15 PM

I gained a couple at holiday, but back on it now,.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/18/23 09:36 PM

I put on a few every fall until January and I get back on my keto diet. I shoot for 20 carbs per day with 1 cheat day per week. When I wake up with Keto breath, I know I`m losing weight.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/19/23 12:29 AM

Y'all can do it! I have now lost 104.2 pounds...fortunately, the holidays haven't ever been a real issue for me. Everday life is my challenge, but I've been able to keep things going, despite stress. Right now, I'm trying to keep enough water in me. I've also found some new recipes for salmon, chicken thighs/leg quarters, and collard greens, so I have been able to keep things interesting. The main thing is to keep going.

Look, I've lost 130 pounds 2 times in the last 20 years. This is my THIRD and LAST time I'm going to take off this weight. I will not let my weight continue to be an issue. I have thankfully never had health issues related to my weight. I could very easily have had diabetes, or high bp, or high cholesterol, but I do not. The first time I lost the weight, I lost my cousin in a drunk driving incident. The second time, my uncle (who was like a father to me) died of lung cancer. I turned to food and put the weight back on. This is it. My love of food made me fat, my love of food will make me skinny...and learning how to deal with my boredom and emotional issues in a healthy way will keep me there.

I have faith y'all can pull this off...just keep on keepin' on.

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/23/23 08:07 PM

I'm down 8 lbs...!!!! banana
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 01/24/23 10:26 PM

it's not easy being fat and white......

banana
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 03/06/23 10:57 AM

I can’t get below 203

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 03/06/23 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I can’t get below 203

How long have you been at that weight? I was plateaued for 5 weeks, lost 1.2 pounds, then plateaued for another week...It happens, unfortunately. I have had to learn to change up my diet and macros to get things moving...your body will fight you to lose weight because it needs food/calories to work and if it thinks it's getting starved, it's gonna fight ya.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 03/06/23 09:31 PM

I’ve lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks by changing my diet.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 03/07/23 12:13 PM

I can’t get below 203

Water fast for a week
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 03/07/23 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
I can’t get below 203

Water fast for a week

funny
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 06/02/23 01:23 AM

I can’t get below 203

That's what I weighed in the 8th. Grade

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 06/09/23 09:13 PM

I've now evicted 120.4 pounds since 9/1/21...27.6 pounds left...lowest weight I've been since I was 20, and the smallest waist (35 inches) since I was 20...I hope the rest of y'all are doing well and reaching your goals! You've got this!
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 07/13/23 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
I've now evicted 120.4 pounds since 9/1/21...27.6 pounds left...lowest weight I've been since I was 20, and the smallest waist (35 inches) since I was 20...I hope the rest of y'all are doing well and reaching your goals! You've got this!

That is awesome!

It's been a struggle for me, used to weigh 310 12 years ago and now at 257. Need to lose another 40 lbs.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 08/15/23 12:14 AM

I’m 178 down from 230 2 years ago. Trying to put on muscle weight now and lower BMI. Meal prep with very limited cheat meals and gym 5 days a week. If only I could kick beer, it’s my downfall.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 09/03/23 05:28 PM

I gave up fast food and almost all booze about three months ago. Went from 225 to 195. I'm 6' 2". High blood pressure is now normal. knee pains are gone. Gonna start walking and working out when it cools down. Losing a couple more pounds should get my bmi in the normal category.

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 09/03/23 07:46 PM

9/1/23 was the two year anniversary of the start of my journey. I've evicted 124.4 pounds. My waist is 28 inches smaller and my chest is 12 inches smaller. I've got 23.6 pounds to go to reach my goal weight, although I know that might not happen. My legs are very muscular from carrying 362+ pounds for about 28 years. But I am only 2 inches away from my waist goal and I'm 2 inches smaller in my chest than I want, so I'm trying to correct that. Eventually, I want to be at a 32 inch waist and 46 inch chest...I'd love to reach 214.6 again, but at 238.2, I'm in a 36 inch pant/34 inch short (my calves are freaking huge and most pants can't accommodate them in the smaller waist) and an XL shirt. So, I'm not where I want to be, but a heck of a lot closer than I was. I'm 6' and 48 years old...so getting there.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 09/28/23 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
I’ve lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks by changing my diet.

I’ve now dropped 40 lbs, down to 216 from 256. I have 16 more lbs to lose.

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 11/10/23 08:18 PM

well I'm fat again. back to 230....

Re: Took a year(or more)off - 11/11/23 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
well I'm fat again. back to 230....

That's subjective, man. You can take control of this and get back to it if you want to. I'm now down 128.2 pounds...and it's not always easy when you hit a plateau, or you're so busy working and helping remodel a house that the last thing you want to do is cook clean. But you do it because you want to be healthy. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I hit Panda Express for something moderately healthy because I just don't have the time, but that is very rare. I believe in you! You can do this!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum