Texas Fishing Forum

Cardiac Ablation

Posted By: Twotoes

Cardiac Ablation - 11/17/22 12:02 AM

I will be having the cardiac ablation procedure next week. I have very persistent AFIB. Already had a cardio conversion, heart rhythm was good for about 24 hours then back to AFIB. I've had the AFIB for about 4 years.

Anyone care to share their experience with ablation? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/17/22 12:05 AM

Had one three years ado, going back in december for a redo
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/18/22 03:33 PM

I had an ablation 14 years ago, It worked perfectly, no problems at all. Remarkably easy. No pain, have the procedure, wake up, back to life as usual.
But, just this last week, during a routine physical, my doc heard another undesirable sound with his stethoscope. Bring out the EKG. Yup, some problem. Now on to see a cardio for further testing and consultation. At this time, I am not yet sure it is the same type of issue. Will find out next Tuesday at the cardio.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/19/22 10:40 PM

Who are y’all’s Dr.s? I had a Cardio Version July 5th and it lasted 71 days. It was amazing how much better I felt.
I am having a Ablation Dec. 15th. MyDr. Is Dr Jaychandrin of Ft. Worth Heart

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/22/22 07:46 PM

Had the procedure yesterday. Throat and chest are sore. I haven't noticed any profound improvement but also am taking it easy like they said to do. Heart rhythm is now normal, first time in 4 years, hope it stays that way.
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/24/22 02:21 AM

Your throat may be sore from the echocardiogram , if they did one. A tube is run down your esophagus and sound waves are used to check out your heart.
It is important to take it easy for a few days since you were on some heavy duty blood thinners for the procedure. Depending on your symptoms prior to the procedure, you may not notice a big difference in how you feel. Hope all is well and you are back at it soon.

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 11/29/22 07:03 PM

One week in I've noticed a big reduction in heart rate per minute. From 105-110 to 60-65. Anyone else?

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 01/08/23 12:39 AM

So, it's been about 7 weeks since the procedure. I don't actually feel any different but my heart rhythm is normal. After 4+ years of severe afib that is a big improvement.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 01/08/23 08:19 PM

Girlfriend had it done several weeks ago. She had ventricular tachycardia. Her heart would pound very fast and very hard, you could see her chest moving from the heart pounding. Several episodes would where she would get lightheaded and and blackout. The Dr recommended the ablation procedure and afterwards she has felt great. She had this condition for two years and just kept getting worse. She ahead immediate positive results
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Cardiac Ablation - 01/11/23 11:09 PM

Yes, ish. The surgeon ran the probe to my heart and identified the 'misfiring' nerve, but it was so close to the main bundle of nerves that we decided (I was awake for all this lol) that it was safer to keep me on meds for now.

Only useful note I have is to be prepared to lay flat on your back almost motionless for several hours afterwards.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum