Texas Fishing Forum

Oxygen Concentrators

Posted By: Siberman

Oxygen Concentrators - 09/08/22 11:39 PM

Don't know if that's the proper name but I'm referring to those machines (mobile or stationary) that push a supply of oxygen-rich air through tubing that runs to your nose . Anybody use these and how effective do you consider them ? I was set up with one after being diagnosed with congestive heart failure in December . Sleep with it every night and honestly don't see a difference in my O2 levels .
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Oxygen Concentrators - 09/14/22 11:40 AM

Do you have the type of pulse oximetry that actually records and stores your O2 saturation at different intervals throughout the night? If it's possible, comparing the O2 saturations for a night with oxygen Vs a night without oxygen might give you the info you are looking for. It can be eye-opening even though you may not think you feel any different.

Supplemental oxygen therapy is common for CHF patients. Your pulmonologist didn't just prescribe 02 for you because he got out of bed and felt like doing it that day. There's a very good reason for it and low o2 saturations are nothing to be scoffing at.
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Oxygen Concentrators - 12/31/22 06:49 PM

I have one of those devices that fit on the finger and give an O2/pulse rate reading . Seems I'm in the high 80s-lower 90s when I wake . It gets better as my pulse slows down during the day .
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Oxygen Concentrators - 01/08/23 12:35 AM

I also have a concentrator due to CHF. I have had some bad times when I needed it, especially laying in bed. I've weaned off it completely now. I keep it though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum