Texas Fishing Forum

Vinegar?

Posted By: Indianation65

Vinegar? - 04/27/20 08:47 PM

I've been reading about how apple cider vinegar is good for the digesting, increase metabolism, cut weight, etc., but overall, clean out the gut, but it tastes so bad.

I've searched but cannot find a straight answer.

Is pickle juice the same or similar to apple cider vinegar?

Do any of you use this stuff?

help...
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Vinegar? - 04/27/20 09:07 PM

Pickle juice I have apple cider vinegar I have not. I cannot get past the smell of the apple cider vinegar to drink it.

Pickle juice has antioxidants and high in vitamins c & e. An RD friend says it is a great supplement for recovery especially with endurance athletes.

Apple cider is an ingredient in pickle juice unless you get the unpasteurized variety. High in sodium typically which makes sense when used for canning.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Vinegar? - 04/27/20 09:12 PM

i drink 2-3 oz of apple cider vinegar every day with diet dr pepper in an 8 oz cup...it's not bad once u develop a taste for it...i drink it to dissolve kidney stones...and it cures hiccups
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Vinegar? - 04/28/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Indianation65
I've been reading about how apple cider vinegar is good for the digesting, increase metabolism, cut weight, etc., but overall, clean out the gut, but it tastes so bad.

I've searched but cannot find a straight answer.

Is pickle juice the same or similar to apple cider vinegar?

Do any of you use this stuff?

help...

Buy a can of natural light.
Leave it out at room temperature for a few hours.
Take a big drink.
Once you've done that anything you ingest afterwards will seem like an improvement.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Vinegar? - 04/30/20 10:25 AM

I don't use it , but have looked into it. Seems as if it good for indigestion.

I have read numerous accounts of people burning their esophagus if drinking it straight, You are suppose to dilute it.

Seems as if it has some assets as mentioned in the first post
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Vinegar? - 04/30/20 12:43 PM

No, thank you. I'd just as soon drink pee.

Re: Vinegar? - 04/30/20 01:00 PM

guess you've never had a kidney stone...
Originally Posted by Okie Poke

Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Vinegar? - 05/02/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by crapyetr

Yes, I have. Only once about 25yrs ago. Do you get 'em a lot? If so, prayers sent cause they are bad mama jammas!

Re: Vinegar? - 05/02/20 04:45 PM

Good grief, downing that a-c-vinegar, even with tasty juice, is still a tough swallow.

Even with practice, it doesn't get any easier!

...------
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Vinegar? - 05/02/20 08:07 PM

I marinate raw vegitables with it.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Vinegar? - 05/02/20 11:18 PM

My wife drinks 2 or 3ozs. of apple cider vinegar every day with Cranberry juice.

She believes it helps with colds and sinus infections as well as kidney stones and other things listed here.

I never could get past the taste.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Vinegar? - 05/03/20 03:08 PM

Wonder if red wine vinegar is similar in its affects, I do use quite a bit of that
Posted By: Go-N-Slow

Re: Vinegar? - 05/03/20 05:01 PM

2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tbsp of acv and 2 tbsp lemon juice....pickle juice is half salt and half vinegar...salt being very bad for lots of things including kidney stones....there are 4 different types of kidney stones that are formed differently...and uric or calcium stones are different preventative diets I think..if you haven't had one in the past then calcium ones are the most common due to too much or to little calcium in diet....but mostly drink a lot of water and this will help with all 4 types of stones (helps prevent kidney and bladder infections) and has many other health benefits...

Re: Vinegar? - 05/05/20 11:39 AM

Yes, I have. Only once about 25yrs ago. Do you get 'em a lot? If so, prayers sent cause they are bad mama jammas!

had my kidneys scanned at one point and had 7 in each kidney...worst pain i've EVER had...but since drinking ACV, haven't had one since 3/9/2019...#7...thanks for the prayers...throw up one more for good measure
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Vinegar? - 05/05/20 11:46 AM

had my kidneys scanned at one point and had 7 in each kidney...worst pain i've EVER had...but since drinking ACV, haven't had one since 3/9/2019...#7...thanks for the prayers...throw up one more for good measure

I'm thinking I could get past the smell and taste if I had kidney stones that bad. Glad you found the answer.
Posted By: gander

Re: Vinegar? - 05/05/20 02:01 PM

Add 2 tbs of ACV In 8oz of water add a little honey stir it up and then enjoy. I drink this sometimes later in the day to pep me up.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Vinegar? - 05/23/20 05:27 AM

Great way to detox the blood.

Re: Vinegar? - 05/27/20 05:12 PM

I admit, my taste buds hate the taste so bad, I'm failing at doing it daily.

I'm starting to dislike vinegar-based salad dressings that I used to love!

...------
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Vinegar? - 05/29/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by gander
Add 2 tbs of ACV In 8oz of water add a little honey stir it up and then enjoy. I drink this sometimes later in the day to pep me up.

This
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Vinegar? - 05/31/20 04:19 AM

Drinking PEE is good for a toothache.......
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Vinegar? - 06/02/20 05:35 AM

Daily, 1 oz to 16 oz water for breakfast. Not bad at all.
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Vinegar? - 06/03/20 06:30 PM

1-2 oz every morning with vitamins A, C & D.

Re: Vinegar? - 09/12/20 05:43 PM

I caved...the vinegar flavor proved too brutal for me!

...------
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Vinegar? - 09/14/20 12:04 AM

My morning "cocktail" if you will, is 1.5 ozs of ACV and 0.5 cup of beef bone broth used to wash down 10 pills and 3 capsules of "stuff".

Then I walk 2.5 miles before my morning coffee.

So there.......

If I can do it, you can too. . . . . .
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Vinegar? - 11/12/20 04:13 PM

I have 2t of ACV in the evening with a cup of warm water, squeeze 1/2 a lemon, honey and sprinkle some cinnamon in it. Its not too bad!
Posted By: Jon

Re: Vinegar? - 11/14/20 12:03 AM

I've used ACV diluted with water for years to gargle with for a sore throat. The kind where you can see that white gunk on one or both of the front of your tonsils.
Works like a champ in about 1-1/2 days. In the winter when the "crud" is going around. I'll keep one of those travel size spray bottles with me and spray that into my throat 4 - 6 times a day. I can't tell you how much I dilute it - probably 50% or maybe a little more. Works pretty good for me. I like to use Bragg or one of the other brands with the mother in it.

Re: Vinegar? - 11/16/20 03:24 PM

Good stuff, I will try the AVC/water method for future sour throats.

...------
Posted By: cbag1

Re: Vinegar? - 12/01/20 07:58 AM

I mix it with some apple juice and some water over ice. It’s pretty diluted by then and the apple juice sweetens it up. My wife can’t stand the taste so she takes the pills. The ACV capsules help me with indigestion after a big meal.
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Vinegar? - 12/01/20 09:04 AM

fermented foods (pickled) are beneficial to gut health
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Vinegar? - 12/01/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by cbag1
I mix it with some apple juice and some water over ice. It’s pretty diluted by then and the apple juice sweetens it up.

I do the same thing but with Cran-Grape juice, it's not too bad.

Re: Vinegar? - 12/02/20 07:41 PM

Do you get the same benefits from drinking pickle juice as you do from drinking vinegar?

...------
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Vinegar? - 12/03/20 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Indianation65
Good grief, downing that a-c-vinegar, even with tasty juice, is still a tough swallow.

Even with practice, it doesn't get any easier!

...------

1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass with a splash of water and heat it in the microwave for 12 sec. to warm it. Honey and vinegar both good for you.

Re: Vinegar? - 02/02/21 07:08 PM

I mixed the ACV this morning with pickle juice, and it helped.

I may try it with honey.

Thanks

...------
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Vinegar? - 05/17/21 02:15 PM

I used to make a green smoothie every morning and put in a few ounces of ACV. It took a little while to get used to it, but it tasted great after a while. Really need to get back into that.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Vinegar? - 05/29/21 04:52 PM

I take acv pills in summer.

Seems to discourage mosquitos a bit….but not those darn biting flies I hate so much.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Vinegar? - 06/11/21 08:41 PM

I do half and half with Jack Daniels, feel tha burn!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum