Texas Fishing Forum

Protein Powder

Posted By: Fishn_man

Protein Powder - 01/02/19 07:45 PM

Do you have a favorite? I had been using Jym and I got sidelined due to elbow issues. I'm trying to get back into my workout routine and am almost out of Protein Powder and thought I would pole some of you and see what you like.

Building Blocks I was getting at Fitness Connection but don't go to that gym anymore and I think they only sell to their members
Jym mixes pretty well with water and is not grainy.
Syntha-6 is very tasty but a little bit higher in calories and sugar, mixes well with water as well. Less grainy even than Jym.

Thanks for any feedback.
Posted By: Txnautic

Re: Protein Powder - 01/03/19 05:33 PM

Optimum Nutrition Whey protein is probably the best and Dymatize Iso 100 as the runner up.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Protein Powder - 01/03/19 06:29 PM

I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, double rich chocolate.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Protein Powder - 01/04/19 01:48 AM

Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb is what I am using currently.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Protein Powder - 01/05/19 03:00 PM

I realize the question is about "powder" but one of the easiest and best products available is 'Boost'. Tastes good, easy to digest, easily available and in most cases not as expensive as other protein supplements on the market.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Protein Powder - 01/06/19 03:07 AM

I like Optimum Nutrition.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Protein Powder - 01/07/19 08:08 PM

Are you talking about the premixed little square boxes of boost??
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Protein Powder - 01/07/19 08:38 PM

Like said above I like Optimum Nutrition. I was using the gold standard and moved to the "performance whey isolate" The isolate is a more pure form of protein and is very easily digestible.
30 g of protein and 140 calories an 3 g of carb.
Tastes good too.
Posted By: Streater

Re: Protein Powder - 01/11/19 06:48 PM

What do these shakes do for you? Weight loss?
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Protein Powder - 01/11/19 06:51 PM

Stay away from the protein powders, most of them are filled with fillers and arent very absorbent. I suggest taking a BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid). Little to no fillers and its protein in its purest from, much more absorbent. It's about a tablespoon worth in water is all you need. Take before working out, not after.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Protein Powder - 01/14/19 05:22 PM

OP Whey isolate has NO fillers, it is isolate.

Streater, it is just a way tosupplement protein into your diet without a ton of calories. Whey is easily digestible and I have found that it greatly helps with recovery time when used after workouts.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Protein Powder - 01/15/19 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Stay away from the protein powders, most of them are filled with fillers and arent very absorbent. I suggest taking a BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid). Little to no fillers and its protein in its purest from, much more absorbent. It's about a tablespoon worth in water is all you need. Take before working out, not after.

cheers that’s the same thing one of my physical therapist riding buddies told me. I can’t really tell if it does anything at the time of drinking them but I like to think it does in the hours/days later. I was using a lot of Muscle Pharm’s products last year when I was trying to go fast on the bike.

Besides a ton of water, this is all I'm drinking (shake wise) right now.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Protein Powder - 01/16/19 03:31 AM

[quote=Jpurdue]I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, double rich

I use gold standard when I do use a shake. Doesn’t taste as good as some of the others but is a low cal/sugar mix. 130 calories I believe.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Protein Powder - 01/18/19 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by NoconaBrian
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher

cheers that’s the same thing one of my physical therapist riding buddies told me. I can’t really tell if it does anything at the time of drinking them but I like to think it does in the hours/days later. I was using a lot of Muscle Pharm’s products last year when I was trying to go fast on the bike.

Besides a ton of water, this is all I'm drinking (shake wise) right now.
[Linked Image]

Scivation is as good as they come.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum