Texas Fishing Forum

HR Watches

Posted By: Dfitz

HR Watches - 06/05/18 05:42 PM

Can I get some feed back from any of y'all wearing heart rate watches. Good, bad, indifferent?

I like the Suunto brand and leaning towards staying w them. I have their Ambit3, but not interested in a chest monitor, even if it is a little more accurate.

Want to keep the face big around 50mm.

Anyone have the Suunto 9?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: HR Watches - 06/06/18 02:29 AM

I use a Scosohe Rhythm wrist strap and sync it with a cycling computer. Works pretty well and is accurate. Not sure if you can sync to a watch but I bet you can.

Re: HR Watches - 06/06/18 02:39 AM

Thanks Trickster
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: HR Watches - 06/06/18 03:05 AM

I've got a fitbit blaze, I'm a fan of what it does but not so much from a fitness perspective outside of counting steps. I've also got some Garmin stuff for the bike, with that I'd probably lean towards their watches only because I've already got the bike computer and the sensors that go with it.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: HR Watches - 06/06/18 03:53 PM

I also have the blaze. I like it. Its accurate. Not stylish as you might be looking for though.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: HR Watches - 06/07/18 02:25 AM

Suunto.

Re: HR Watches - 06/09/18 04:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: HR Watches - 06/11/18 03:08 PM

I use a fitbit versa. I think it retails for 200 bucks. I actually really like it. It does all the normal fitness tracker stuff, but my favorite feature is it tracks your sleep. Not just how long you were asleep, but how long you spend in the various stages of sleep. i.e. light sleep, deep sleep, REM, etc... No pun intended, but it was a real eye opener for me on just how little I'm sleeping.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum