Texas Fishing Forum

Post a picture of your Jon Boat!

Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/06/15 12:40 AM

Let's see all those Aluminum / Jon Boats! Old or New, fixer upper or not, custom or factory standard! Let's see them!
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/06/15 02:10 AM

Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/06/15 11:12 AM

Very nice smooth move!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/06/15 11:14 AM

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/06/15 01:23 PM

Cool Smooth Move. I'll bet y'all know Jones Lake pretty good with that boat.

Shaun, she looks good in the water.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/07/15 06:14 PM

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/07/15 09:57 PM

psycho- that's awesome.!! Where did you get those lights?

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/13/15 06:19 PM

I know there has to be more than 3 people on this forum that fish out of Aluminum boats......... cheers

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/14/15 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: 67TexasTBend
I know there has to be more than 3 people on this forum that fish out of Aluminum boats......... cheers

I know there is. It's just about getting the word out about the new hang out! wink

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/14/15 03:51 AM

Shaun, got the LED strips off of Amazon and installed them myself.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/14/15 01:39 PM

You're right Shaun. I'm not sure everyone pays attention to the smaller font subforums though. We'll keep it alive, because not everyone is in a big Fiberglas rig.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/14/15 01:40 PM

Very cool Psycho! You gotta love Amazon. Are you doing a lot of night fishing?

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/14/15 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: psycho0819
Shaun, got the LED strips off of Amazon and installed them myself.
You did a very nice job. They look sharp!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/15/15 06:27 PM

Thanks for the compliments,

I wanted a stealth install, and that's what I got. If you don't know they are on my boat you'd likely never notice them being there until I turn them on.

I do quite a bit of night fishing once the weather gets so hot that it's miserable to fish during daylight hours. When the masses are leaving the lake at last light, I will be launching. Nice cool breezes on the water, no pot lickers, and more often than not some awesome action.

I also build my own custom submersible lights using the LED strips. On a good night a pound of minnows doesn't last an hour between 2 guys. I do build some to sell on occasion as well. Best submersible light for the money, different lengths and options available, if y'all are interested shoot me a PM.
Posted By: BKT

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/17/15 09:43 PM

Brand spankin' new! First boat with a motor to!! Lol. I think she's a little underpowered but hey it gets me where I'm goin'!!!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/17/15 10:44 PM

Nice, Congrats BKT! She looks big in the photo. What are the specs on it? Do you have any plans to add some things to it or mod it?
Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/17/15 10:54 PM

Nice looking rig.thumb It's fun getting a new boat and I bet you'll get a lot of good use out of it. What size boat & motor do you have?

I have a 16' Tracker w/ a 25 HP Mercury and it is underpowered. Just takes a little longer to get there but I'm not usually going that far.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/18/15 01:36 AM

Dang BKT, is that a 20' jon? She looks sweet!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/18/15 01:58 AM

That's a 1652 weldcraft. I was partial to the layout of the bass tracker grizzly but my bettrr half was in love with this one. It has a 25hp Evinrude E-tec. She'll run about 25 - 28mph depending on load, water, wind and etc. but gets around 14-15 mpg!!!

So far the only thing I've done to it is make some make shift rod holders out of pvc (the kayaker in me I guess) and just installed a Humminbird Helix 5 Si gps combo. A bimini top or something to hold an umbrella is next on the list.

If I was to do it over again I think I would've gotten power tilt and trim. Though I found an after market kit that may be installed next year. It should set my motor back about 5" off the transom which in turn may help with my side scan.

The only negative I've found in the rig is that it's to easy to pick up and move spots so I usually wind up doing more riding than fishin!!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/19/15 01:09 AM

Nice BKT, that looks like a fishin' machine.
Posted By: TexanClay

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/19/15 01:44 PM

Just purchased a 95 seaark 16ft with 95 48hp johnson. My first boat!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/19/15 01:47 PM

Here's another picture

Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/19/15 03:31 PM

That's a nice rig. Seaark makes a good boat I almost bought one when I bought my Tracker kinda wish I had.

Congrats! thumb

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/20/15 02:50 AM

Congrats Clay! Looks like you're all set!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/21/15 12:43 AM

That's perfect Clay!!
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/15 04:51 AM

Here is my 79 model Eldorado I recently fixed up. Before and after. It was a fun project my sons and I did together. The engine is a 15hp Yamaha 4 stroke with electric start. I bought it brand new a couple of years ago. Runs great.

I hope to be on the red below the dam when the current settles. I'm not getting out there like it is now.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/15 05:02 AM

Here is my 10 year old son driving it on our maiden voyage after all the work was complete. She ran great and didn't leak a drop. It takes the water great, rides smooth, and is dry. Now its time to teach him all about boating safety, fishing, etc. He's all about it.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/15 05:04 AM

Im not sure why some of the pics posted sideways. they are not that way on my pc. sorry about that.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/15 04:57 PM

You and your sons did a great job on that. Y'all will enjoy that little boat for years!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/03/15 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: newpontoonguy
Im not sure why some of the pics posted sideways. they are not that way on my pc. sorry about that.
no worries. I had a few post sideways on my post too.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/10/15 08:38 PM

Here's a little rig I got for my boys to fish and hunt from. I've been very impressed with how it fishes and handles.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/13/15 03:55 PM

We have some really sharp rigs on here!
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/20/15 10:59 PM

I fish from a 18ft SeaArk with a 90hp Mercury. I don't have a pic to post right now but I will get one and try to post it in a few days. This is going to be a fun forum.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/25/15 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
Here is my 79 model Eldorado I recently fixed up. Before and after.

coolphotos Nice work. Looks great.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/02/15 04:53 PM

Here's my 2006 Grizzly 1448 w/25HP Merc

recently added a deck extension, upgraded electronics and trolling motor.
Posted By: LittleBoatBigFish

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/09/15 08:56 PM

My bass tracker with 2010 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/18/15 04:27 AM

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/24/15 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: boisarc
Here's my 2006 Grizzly 1448 w/25HP Merc

recently added a deck extension, upgraded electronics and trolling motor.

That sure is a clean 2006!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/19/15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaun Russell
That sure is a clean 2006!

Was only slightly used by a guy and his wife who duck hunted with it. I use it to chase bass...not nearly as clean now texas
Posted By: Garvin

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/22/15 06:40 PM

My 2003 Tracker Grizzly 1448 & 25HP Merc.
Built it out to be a miniature bass boat. Since it's a BPS product, I call it the "Micro Nitro." Sadly, it's getting listed this weekend when I pick up my new (to me, anyway) Nitro NX 882. I hate to part with it, given all the work I did on it ( Tracker Buildout ) but I don't have the room for it in my garage.
I gutted the boat and rebuilt the interior out of plywood, converted the motor from tiller to steering wheel, built a custom steering console with switch panel, added remote shift/throttle, Lowrance Elite 5X, rebuilt trolling motor, new casting seats and posts, cockpit seats, carpeting from front to back, stripped and repainted hull (it's all scratched up now thanks to Lake Fayette), new tires, bearing buddies, stripped and repainted cowling, new fore and aft lights, cup holders, cleats, added a bilge pump, made separate compartments for battery and fuel tank, vented fuel compartment, added blower to fuel compartment, door for front hatch, then topped it with super-cool zombie decals. It took me 3 months of weekends to get it all done. Caught a lot of fish in it this year, but I wanted a "regular" bass boat, so now I have to let it go.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/28/15 03:30 PM

WOW that's awesome...best I've seen. You've got some skills dude. thumb

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 10/05/15 02:17 AM

Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/01/15 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Wadefishing
That's a nice rig. Seaark makes a good boat I almost bought one when I bought my Tracker kinda wish I had.

Congrats! thumb

+2 on Seaark building a good boat. My 1872 CC is built like a tank.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/01/15 01:47 PM

Seeing all these great rigged out Jon boats gives me the itch to get to work!!
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/18/15 04:31 PM

So how much you looking to get out of it? I'm thinking of going in the opposite direction. Selling my 2007 BassCat Pantera IV and buying aluminum. Then after I retire next year, a pontoon for momma.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/21/15 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
Here's a little rig I got for my boys to fish and hunt from. I've been very impressed with how it fishes and handles.

Nice rig... How you liking that Evinrude?
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/26/15 11:19 PM

Easiest operating "little motor" Ive ever used.
Tilt and trim on the end ot throttle on the tiller, breakaway CMC 6"jackplate and electric start is good on a busted rotator cuff and this little Havoc pads up and turns like a bassboat
Posted By: Treebeard

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/30/15 08:32 PM

Here's mine.. 18' Voyager x-wide.. made some custom additions.. like reinforcing front/rear decks with alum diamond plate.. Bow rail added to aid in gigging, bowfishing, and to keep us fat guys from falling out.. Driftmaster rod holder bases spot welded all over the place.. pushed by 4 stroke 40hp Evinrude..

Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 01/02/16 03:07 PM

I don't have a way to post pics, but over Thanksgiving, I acquired the 12-foot SportsKraft flat-bottomed aluminum rowboat that my father bought around 1960. He used it on Lake Arlington and Lake Grapevine with an old(even then) Firestone 3.5 HP thumper. It's not a Jonboat, but has a pointy bow and three seats. I borrowed my nephew's Johnson Seahorse 5.5 that I found out is a 1961 model. I cleaned out the carb, and hooked up a gravity-feed gas bottle, and it runs like a top, after sitting for over ten years. The water pump impeller is dead, and I just ordered a new one.

My dad had the boat for about 25 years, then sold it to one of my cousins, who kept it for ten or so years, and then he gave it to my nephew. He never used it, and it's been sitting in his other grandfather's field for another ten or so years. It was never titled, and there are no numbers of any kind on the boat. I typed up an affadavit of the ownership trail for my nephew to sign, and I took that to TPWD, and they had a Game Warden inspect it, and, finding no number, she assigned me a Hull ID number($25.00). Then, they issued a title and registration(another $69.00). So, a title is being mailed to me, and I'm legal(sorta).

I built a plywood deck covering the front seat, with a seat mount and a hinged hatch for anchor storage. The engine I borrowed is a 20", so the prop shaft was way too low below the transom. I built a new transom board to replace the old, rotten one, and made it taller, so the prop shaft is now 3-1/2 inches below the hull, a recommended staring point(Thanks, Steve, from Steve's Custom Props). I bought a really nice Scout seat and 11" riser at a salvage store, so I now have a good casting seat for the front deck.

Rather than mess with a trailer, I built a hitch-mounted bed extender, and the boat fits in my pickup. I built a pair of clamp-on wheels for the stern, which I will remove after launching. I should be able to launch it anywhere I launched my kayak. I built a couple of PVC rod holders for the stern corners, so I'm just about ready to take it on it's first outing in about thirty years. I'm just waiting on the new impeller and a break in this winter weather that finally arrived. After I give her a shakedown cruise, I'll paint the hull nice and pretty.

If I can figure out how to post pics from my wife's smart phone, I'll do a show and tell.

Happy and safe New Year to all! Island Jim in Rockport
Posted By: tosavaN

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 01/15/16 06:21 PM

Posted By: tosavaN

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 01/15/16 06:22 PM

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 02/24/16 03:05 PM

Added a few things to mine. I had to somewhat throw a floor in the bottom before the Mrs tripped and fell out of the boat. Later on down the road, I'll probably upgrade that. Re-Installed/Relocated a Helix 5 SI/GPS. It works wonderful but wishing Hummingbird would have had the larger versions out at the time of purchase. Put a couple of scotty rod holders up front and on the back. They seem to be working ok for white bass trolling. Also made some PVC rod holders to use when motoring down the river.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 02/25/16 02:41 AM

Cool idea for rod holders!
Is that a 2" ball for your fish finder?

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 02/25/16 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaun Russell
Cool idea for rod holders!
Is that a 2" ball for your fish finder?

Thanks. No sir they're just a 1". I robbed the balls and arm off of my bike that has been collecting dust for the last year. I've only used the boat once since the relocation and they will probably do fine while on the water but I put the unit in the truck for the bumpy trailering.
Posted By: FishOnDon

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/07/16 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BKT
Added a few things to mine. I had to somewhat throw a floor in the bottom before the Mrs tripped and fell out of the boat. Later on down the road, I'll probably upgrade that. Re-Installed/Relocated a Helix 5 SI/GPS. It works wonderful but wishing Hummingbird would have had the larger versions out at the time of purchase. Put a couple of scotty rod holders up front and on the back. They seem to be working ok for white bass trolling. Also made some PVC rod holders to use when motoring down the river.

How are you liking the helix 5? I run a lowrance elite 7 hdi. Nice setup by the way!!!!

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/08/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: FishOnDon
How are you liking the helix 5? I run a lowrance elite 7 hdi. Nice setup by the way!!!!

Thanks. I'm really liking the Helix 5 but wish I had the cash for a 7 or 9 with the HD trandsducer.
Posted By: fish-n-elmo

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/10/16 04:59 AM

My tin can...

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/11/16 06:56 AM

One heck of a "Tin can". Very nice Elmo

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/16/16 10:56 PM

Some nice rigs on here!
Posted By: encKe

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/26/16 03:39 PM

War Eagle w/ 25 HP Suzuki

Posted By: samuel joff

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/30/16 10:56 AM

Picture looks good @encKe. What size of your sharing boat?
Posted By: Atxguy

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 05/05/16 02:24 AM

Maiden voyage was today. Tracker 1654 Sportsman, 40 HP Mercury Four Stroke - Power Tilt & Trim, Lowrance Elite 7 CHIRP in back and Elite 4 CHIRP in front, Monster Rod Holders, Minn Kota Riptide SM 55.

Posted By: gar1970

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 05/05/16 10:13 PM

very nice! all it needs is a little slime fish
Posted By: Big-B

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/30/16 03:13 AM

My 86 Alumacraft. The little boat that can, as i say!
Posted By: TSBobcat

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/15/16 07:02 PM

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...n_img157295_700[/img]

Just bought this and pick it up on Wednesday! New to the forum and aluminum boat group!

Need to know how you rigged those LED lights!
Posted By: BIG'n'juicy

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/07/16 05:46 PM

just put some new seats on it, ready to go. 9.9 on the back

Posted By: netomh

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/13/16 07:51 PM

Folks, at long last...meet the XP. She's been in my garage since May, and I finally got all the paperwork straightened out...mine, all mine!

A bit of a frankenstein, here...'85 Evinrude 20, '97 Alweld 14' hull, and '79 Dilly trailer. Not sure if original parts are still in the majority! She started out with a 12' hull, and eventually moved up to the 14', which as you can see, has been well-used since. The motor's been rebuilt several times, including electric start upgrade, a bore, and a carb upgrade - thus the 'XP' moniker...for all the Xtra Power! grin

How do I know the history so well, you ask? She was originally owned by my uncle when I was a kid...he kept her (and kept her running) for a long time, then eventually gave her to my dad...and now she's been passed down to me. This isn't just a boat to me - she's chock-full of personality and memories, and pretty much a family legend. I've been fishing and frogging out of this boat on and off for over 30 years. I've had some great catches, I've fallen out, climbed back in, broken her (danged stumps) and helped to fix her up. Can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to finally take her out last week! woot And by the way, after 6 months in the garage, she fired up in less than 2 seconds, and ran like a champ!

Looking forward to starting to learn the local lakes...have boat, WILL fish!

-L

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/13/16 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: netomh
Folks, at long last...meet the XP. She's been in my garage since May, and I finally got all the paperwork straightened out...mine, all mine!

A bit of a frankenstein, here...'85 Evinrude 20, '97 Alweld 14' hull, and '79 Dilly trailer. Not sure if original parts are still in the majority! She started out with a 12' hull, and eventually moved up to the 14', which as you can see, has been well-used since. The motor's been rebuilt several times, including electric start upgrade, a bore, and a carb upgrade - thus the 'XP' moniker...for all the Xtra Power! grin

How do I know the history so well, you ask? She was originally owned by my uncle when I was a kid...he kept her (and kept her running) for a long time, then eventually gave her to my dad...and now she's been passed down to me. This isn't just a boat to me - she's chock-full of personality and memories, and pretty much a family legend. I've been fishing and frogging out of this boat on and off for over 30 years. I've had some great catches, I've fallen out, climbed back in, broken her (danged stumps) and helped to fix her up. Can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to finally take her out last week! woot And by the way, after 6 months in the garage, she fired up in less than 2 seconds, and ran like a champ!

Looking forward to starting to learn the local lakes...have boat, WILL fish!

-L
That's one of the most expensive boats around. You cant put a price on memories!!! Very nice!
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 01/14/17 04:51 AM

Posted By: gar1970

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 01/26/17 03:08 AM

1975 sears 1248 with a 1972 9.5 Evinrude 1999 1672 weldcraft with a 1978 35hp johnson 1976 2056 lowe line no motor yet. Its my current project boat

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/11/17 12:10 PM

Y'all have some great little work horses and projects for fishing rigs! Keep posting pics!
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/17/17 03:11 AM

2000 model 1652 Weldcraft side console with tunnel and jackplate. 2000 model Johnson 50hp. I've added a Humminbird Helix 7si at the console. Lowrance Elite 5 CHIRP on the bow. MinnKota PowerDrive V2 with I-Pilot. She's a crappie fishing boat the majority of the time but I do use her to chase trout, redfish and ducks in the winter months. Will run in about 6" of water and get up in 12 if soft mud. Not a beauty queen by any means but she gets the job done.

>E

Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 08/21/17 01:36 AM

Posted By: marcus254

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/01/17 01:19 PM

Posted By: SeanTX

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/26/17 02:11 AM

It took 52 years but I have my first boat.
Posted By: Darryle

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 11/01/17 02:51 AM

Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/24/18 06:10 PM

2016 G3 Talon Dlx 1910 w/ 150 SHO. Dual 10 talons, two lowrance Elite 9ti and just replaced my Elite 7ti with a Elite 12ti for console graph. Really pleased with the ride and stability. Just wish rod boxes were bigger.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/21/18 05:04 PM

Great story! Glad you're still keeping her going.
Posted By: texcajun

Love My Tin Boats - 07/16/18 01:49 PM

Top picture is my old tin boat, she was a 16' Alumacraft tunnel hull that served me well for over 9 years. Sold her for $200 more than what I paid for her 9 years ago.

Bottom pic is my new (old) tin ride. Scandy White Open Pro tunnel. She's a skinny water performance beast. Still only 16' but with an extra 40hp. Not really a john boat, but that's her heritage.

Posted By: captain belly

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/01/18 03:06 AM

Posted By: smooth move

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 09/01/18 04:03 AM

i think i did this before. oh well once more can't hurt.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 12/30/18 10:25 PM

Some nice rigs on here.

I dont have a good pic of the whole rig right now but Ill put this one here. You can see a lot more on a post I put up earlier called Jon to bass boat conversion. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DustyZ71

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 02/04/19 08:57 PM

548 war eagle with a Yama 50 does the job for me
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: IslandJim

New/Old Tin Boat Project - 02/22/19 07:51 PM

Got a 1958 Blue Star Super Chief 14, that I'm gonna build onto a Low-Tech Poling Skiff. Hope the pic shows up.

Island Jim

[img]://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/QgrcJHsTlmHNKxZxQtlpKpfCSKbWPnnCxLb?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1[/img]

It didn't. I'm pixelly challenged(not to mention elderly). Oh. well.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: New/Old Tin Boat Project - 03/19/19 02:00 AM

1959 sea king been setting in yard for 5 years, my boy took an interest and started cleaning it up, Motor stated today, but will need tuned a bit.
So far we have
replaced and packed the wheel bearings
new tires/wheels
new battery
new nav lights on front.
Still needs a lot of work, but it still floats, so alls good,
will get a picture up soon
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: New/Old Tin Boat Project - 03/23/19 01:18 AM

Hey Fluke, you and I are almost twins. I have your G3's little brother. Mine's a Sportsman 17 (18') w/ Yamaha 90. I have twin 12' Talons, a Terrova TM and Lowrance Ti12 at console and Ti9 up front.

[Linked Image]

Re: New/Old Tin Boat Project - 06/05/19 01:44 AM

I just picked her up and have lots to do to get her in shape.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: New/Old Tin Boat Project - 06/06/19 02:01 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: New/Old Tin Boat Project - 06/07/19 11:46 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: KayakGreaser

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/13/19 06:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Bit of a Work in Progress, learned how to set up the lights and installed them myself. I still feel like a small boat in a big pond even on this sub-forum but I figure y'all got my back. Goes about 3 miles round trip with my trolling motor, and does what I need for light catfishing. Yes I know I pack my house with me, it's also a wip lol_2
Posted By: Mike Poole

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/19 08:44 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/19 09:09 PM

Just about done with this baby!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 06/29/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Poole
[Linked Image]

Hey Mike, How do like that bimini top?
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 07/03/19 05:29 PM

cheers
Nice boats!!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 03/02/20 09:17 PM

The Aluminum Falcon
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TSBobcat

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 05/07/20 07:42 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 05/17/20 11:05 AM

I really need one of these little boats in my life........... fish
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 05/30/20 04:38 AM

2020 War Eagle 2072LDV [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mister Sir

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 02/11/21 01:21 PM

I’ve had several aluminum boats as finances allowed. I started with a monkey wards sea king 12’ with 9.9hp, a 14’ Richline with a 15hp, and then a lowes Big Jon 16’ with a 25hp. All good boats fixed up the way I liked based on affordability of the time. 2018 came and bass tracker came out with the heritage bass tracker at $9,999 magic price point. My dad had a 1978 bass tracker that we spent many a day on and made a lot of memories on. So I bought the heritage bass tracker.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
First picture of my dad and his 1978 then my heritage bass tracker.
[Linked Image]
Me with my heritage tracker my first new boat.

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/18/24 06:57 PM

Anyone got a new one, or project they've got going?
Posted By: sexton

Re: Post a picture of your Jon Boat! - 04/21/24 09:13 PM

Picked this up a couple weeks ago. 70hp Suzuki with 330hrs. Plan to refurbish mechanicals and basic cosmetics, maybe a hydroturf floor. First “tinny” in over 20 years. I’m excited. [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum