Texas Fishing Forum

SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail!

Posted By: WillieRip

SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 11/05/20 04:44 AM

Posted By: Marc-62

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 11/05/20 01:52 PM

Cool video ! Nice motor to go on that new hull.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 12/03/20 05:43 AM

WillieRip, just curious why you choose to run a mud motor instead of a small outboard for running the river and fishing? I know a few guys in my area who run mud motors to access their shallow duck hunting spots. Only asking because I'm curious....not judging! Enjoy your videos!

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 12/10/20 07:48 PM

@River Man, This Thai longtail is 13 h.p. and only cost $800 brand new. That's why. There isn't a better deal on the planet. Also note that In Thailand these aren't called mud motors, they're just outboard motors. This is what everyone uses over there. The motor doesn't know what it's running through. It just makes horsepower and torque. Also I hate being like everyone else: I have a deep aversion to the glitterboat ferries I see on the river who call themselves fishermen.

Also I can work on the entire motor myself. No need to ever take it to a shop. In fact for the cost of one shop visit, I could by a new powerhead from Harbor Freight.

This is the AK-47 of boat engines. They fish is open ocean with these and are used as taxis. It's simply a different way of thinking about an outboard engine. It was a designed as a general purpose engine so that Thailanders could get their goods to market along the complex river and canal system in southeats Asia. These were made for running the river. The fact that they can run through mud is just an added benefit.

Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 12/11/20 03:32 AM

Thanks for the reply WillieRip, makes sense to me!
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 12/11/20 01:23 PM

They push a boat just fine. I love mine and will take you up most any river. I modified my muffler that is my only complaint It gets loud.

Re: SPS 420 Predator Mud Motor Kits | Review, Assembly & Sea Trail! - 12/11/20 08:21 PM

Hey, did you have to rejet the carburetor after you modded the muffler?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum