Texas Fishing Forum

Boat won’t shut off.

Posted By: Butch Good

Boat won’t shut off. - 07/07/19 03:14 AM

I was doing my preflight check the night before. Making sure everything was working well. The boat fired right up and was purring like a kitten. Then I turned the ignition off and the motor just kept running. I turned the key several times. Would not shut down. I had to choke it out to stop it. I thought it might be the ignition switch, so I took everything apart to take a look. I didn’t see anything corroded or loose. I put it all back together. Told my daughter we will have to cancel tomorrow’s fishing trip. She came over to my house and said show me what it’s doing. I started it up. Turned the key to off, and it shut down. I tried it a dozen more times. It works as advertised. What do you think it is. I plan on ordering a new ignition switch and diode for good measure.
I’m going fishing with my daughter tomorrow.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Boat won’t shut off. - 07/07/19 05:22 PM

Things that malfunction and then "fix" themselves really aren't fixed. It'll come back. Keep looking and you'll find the problem. I never saw an electron I liked! islandJim
Posted By: Butch Good

Re: Boat won’t shut off. - 07/07/19 06:37 PM

Yeah, it came back when out today. Then went away again. I guess I’ll start throwing parts at it.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Boat won’t shut off. - 07/08/19 05:19 PM

Does it shut off if you pull the kill switch?
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Boat won’t shut off. - 07/08/19 06:10 PM

The Boat won't shut off !! bang
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Boat won’t shut off. - 07/09/19 03:12 AM

Coil has a ground wire. Could be disconnected or poor connection. Check the yellow\black wire coming from the power pack, look for corrosion or breaks. Black wire as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum