Texas Fishing Forum

New Kayaker in Frisco

Posted By: 4HimFishing

New Kayaker in Frisco - 08/16/17 02:21 AM

Just purchased my first kayak about a month ago. Not necessarily new to fishing but it has been a while since I have done much freshwater fishing. I live in Frisco and would love to find some good spots within an hour or so that are easy to get to and kayaker friendly. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: New Kayaker in Frisco - 08/16/17 12:42 PM

You posted this in the "rigging" sub-forum. You might get more (and better) responses if you post it in the man Kayak forum.

Congrats on your new kayak - you're going to love getting out in it and doing some fishing. Be sure to get a good Personal Flotation Device (PFD).

I think that the closest big body of water to you is Lewisville. I've never fished there but do a search of the kayak forum for "Lewisville" and you should get lots of hits. Little Elm Park is down El Dorado. I test drove my kayak there but I have no idea what the fishing is like.

You can try the state park at Ray Roberts. If you get there early in the morning, you'll probably see sandbass feeding on top and you can catch fish on every cast when they are doing that. Just be aware that pleasure boaters will show up later in the morning.
Posted By: 4HimFishing

Re: New Kayaker in Frisco - 08/16/17 01:58 PM

Sorry about that. Just re-posted in the main forum. I appreciate the info.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: New Kayaker in Frisco - 08/18/17 01:55 AM

Ray Roberts will be a decent lake to fish as the weather cools down. There some small lakes over in Sherman that they allow kayaks on too.
Over on LBJ Grasslands there are some lake too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum