Texas Fishing Forum

Help on new Kayak riggings

Posted By: ChuckyC

Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/13/17 09:52 PM

My wife and I just got a couple new yaks(tandem for "us" and a fishing for me. we're both new to this so looking for some advice/help. My fishing has a center console and I'm not exactly sure what all the holes are for, obviously the cup holder but not sure what type of mounts are for the others. On the tandem there are a couple flat rails w/o holes that I don't know what to do with, I'd like to mount some rods, cup holders, gps, or camera for scouting. Do I need to replace rails or can something mount on to rail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chuck

Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/13/17 09:59 PM

Are the "flat rails w/o holes" gear tracks?
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/14/17 01:11 AM

Those mounts near the bow hatch are likely Railblaza products, the ones with the star shaped "female" inserts. I see one rod holder lying in your cockpit area that likely fits there.

And, you have typical track for attaching most anything you desire running along each side of the cockpit. Tracks do vary a bit from make to make, model to model, but there are many universal attachments. Use it for paddle attachments, more rod holders, drink holders, and more.

You also appear to have removable mounting plates like those found this year on 2017 Predator PDL kayaks. If that is what I am seeing, you mount things to these plates and don't have to drill holes in your hull. Not bad.

You have a lot of options. What make and model kayaks are these? I should recognize them but don't.

Brad

Re: Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/14/17 02:12 AM

I don't think so I thought the tracks were what I have on the fishing yak just forward and on both sides of my seat.

Re: Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/14/17 02:32 AM

What type of mounts do you use for the plates without drilling holes thru them. I picked up some more Railblaza's at West Marine for the star maounts, but don't know where or what else to use for the holes in the center console....a fishfinder mount???

I got them from David Holl, He owns a kayak company over in Rowlett, he got hit real bad from the tornado back in '15 and lost everything. Now he's rebuiding his inventory for the new store he is going to open up, but he's getting grief for all the yaks around and needs to get rid of some inventory. He has them made overseas with out a "brand" on them, their is no insignia on either one. They are perfect for what I'm looking for in my first Yak. Have taken them both out and they really handle well.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Help on new Kayak riggings - 06/17/17 02:23 AM

I bought mine from Dave but had not heard about his loss in the tornado.

I hope he gets everything back going.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum