Texas Fishing Forum

YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm

Posted By: Ocelot

YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm - 08/04/19 01:53 PM

I was frequently having an issue where the transducer would raise up.
This happens when the wind is blowing from the side with the transducer arm mounted so the kayak is being pushed away from the arm.
Tried tightening the arm, but would still happen.
I always have a rope tied to my kayak for tying off to trees, in case I or someone needs towing or to help cart my kayak back.
The rope floats so i put some out on the downwind side of kayak and let kayak float over it.
Tie end to the transducer arm and tie a half hitch around handle for rod holder on downwind side of kayak.
Only issue is if line or bait bucket line gets hung on transducer arm need to undo half hitch so can lift the arm and free everything.
Decided having good readings from the finder outweigh this.
Posted By: Super8mm

Re: YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm - 05/10/20 08:15 PM

Give YakAttack a call and see what they say. I called them about a missing part for mine and they put it in the mail thursday.

Maybe you need to add a washer to it so the arm gets pinched harder?
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm - 05/17/20 01:53 AM

Would it be possible to make a rigid arm using a 1" Ram Ball and a double ended coupler on a PVC pipe shaft so that it stays put?

That is how the Livescope is mounted on my bass boat except that I am using a 2.5" Ram Ball since the Transducer Pole is 4 or 5 feet long.

Because it is a Ram Ball mount, if you hit anything it just breaks away and added benefit is you can set the transducer at whatever depth you want it.

Wayne
Posted By: Super8mm

Re: YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm - 05/17/20 02:21 AM

Yes you can do it that way, I have seen videos on it.

I went with the switchblade as I was also doing the CellBlock and Humminbird mount all as one unit. I can loosen the two track screws and slid off the Humminbird, battery and transponder as one unit and carry it in the house to charge it and store for the next time,.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: YakAttack Switchblade Transducer Arm - 06/24/20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by lurenthewind
Would it be possible to make a rigid arm using a 1" Ram Ball and a double ended coupler on a PVC pipe shaft so that it stays put?

That is how the Livescope is mounted on my bass boat except that I am using a 2.5" Ram Ball since the Transducer Pole is 4 or 5 feet long.

Because it is a Ram Ball mount, if you hit anything it just breaks away and added benefit is you can set the transducer at whatever depth you want it.

Wayne

Ram has a mount that does that without having to fab anything.

I had one used in conjunction with a Cell Blok and a Lowrance Side Image transducer on my yak.

That are for sale in the classified ads as I had to sell my Pro Angler 12.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum