Texas Fishing Forum

Fillet knives

Posted By: Wes1227

Fillet knives - 01/28/15 10:57 PM

Hi,
just purchased my first center comsole. Epic 25sc with Evinrude 300g2...what an awsome set up..normally I bass fish but now will be saltwater fishing alot. So I'm looking for a decent priced fillet knife electric or non..have any ideas?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Fillet knives - 01/28/15 11:39 PM

I use American angler saltwater electric on reds, trout and flounder, it's not as good as the old original model, but better than anything else on the market, if you want a twister or rapala, happy to send you one.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Fillet knives - 01/29/15 12:56 AM

Dexter-Russell off Amazon. 6" boning and an 8" filet knife should do ya'. Congrats on the new water horse!
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Fillet knives - 01/30/15 06:45 AM

I know some people are great with regular fillet knives but I've been filleting fish since my dad always made me clean the catch 40+ years ago. I use a twister electric even though Goff hurt my feelings about it.

I keep about 3 back ups in my garage. Not because I need them but because I always forget them and buy a new one when I'm down at the coast.
Posted By: Epic 23

Re: Fillet knives - 02/21/15 11:50 AM

I own an Epic 22sc with a 200 yamaha and love it! I use a Bubba knife, seem to never go dull. I use and electric knife for small fish, gets too hot after 10 fish.
Posted By: FishNful

Re: Fillet knives - 02/22/15 02:07 AM

Dexter fillet knifes have always been my go to
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Fillet knives - 02/23/15 04:13 AM

Dexter all the way. Grab you two or three in the shapes you like and go to town. I own over 12 and use them all the time. I plan on ordering one of those works sharpeners this week to touch them all up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum