Texas Fishing Forum

Wading Boots

Posted By: FreeFall

Wading Boots - 03/02/14 03:15 AM

I got some neoprene stocking foot waders as a gift. I went and bought some wading shoes but they are to small with the zipper on the side. What type of boots work best and are easy to get on and off.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Wading Boots - 03/02/14 04:09 AM

get bigger boots.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Wading Boots - 03/02/14 01:54 PM

Yep bigger boots.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Wading Boots - 03/02/14 01:54 PM

Take your waders with you and start out at two sizes over your shoe size. Try yjem on over the waders and make sure they aren't too tight. If you cut off the circulation to your feet you'll be miserable all day.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Wading Boots - 03/02/14 02:08 PM

And take 1 pair of thick socks with you... you don't want them too tight in the winter with that thick sock... so you have to try them on with them.

In the summer you can still use the wading show by getting a pair of Simms neoprene gaurd socks.. it's like the wading bootie of your wader...but with no waders. Plus they keep all the shell out.

check out the Simms boots as well. I got a pair and they've lasted nearly years compared to some of the canvas or neoprene... if you can swing the investment you'll end up paying less in the long run and you'll love them.
Posted By: FreeFall

Re: Wading Boots - 03/02/14 07:36 PM

Lol I tried bigger they only go up to 13 I wear a 12. I decided to go with some lace up boots instead of the flats boots.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: Wading Boots - 03/03/14 06:06 PM

Heck - when we were kids we used old tennis shoes and caught plenty of trout n reds ..

You'll be OK with the boots - just be careful around soft mud areas
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Wading Boots - 03/03/14 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: FreeFall
Lol I tried bigger they only go up to 13 I wear a 12. I decided to go with some lace up boots instead of the flats boots.

good idea. when i was in the diving business, we would wear lace up cheap rubber boots over our wet suit boots. seems like with neoprene waders it would be about the same thing. good thinkin there hand!
Posted By: Wahoo

Re: Wading Boots - 03/10/14 01:38 AM

I wade pretty frequently and only wear waders in Feb and March, I really like the Foreverlast Reef boats because I sometimes have waded oyster reefs plus they have extra protection for rays especially when coupled with Ray Guards

http://www.foreverlastonline.com/Ray-Guard-Reef-Boots_p_30.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum