Texas Fishing Forum

Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny.

Posted By: flfishman

Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/23/13 02:08 PM

Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/23/13 03:14 PM

What was the point of that video? Not being mean just trying to find out why you would post something like that.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/23/13 03:46 PM

It's not where you can run....it's where you can stop.
Posted By: Reel-Deel

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/29/13 04:27 PM

Tough crowd

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/29/13 07:43 PM

No disrespect but truth is that's really no big deal. Any shallow sport, Majek, flats cat or dozens others can do that. And then what? If you actually see something can you stop? Not without the airboat on the phone.

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/29/13 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
No disrespect but truth is that's really no big deal. Any shallow sport, Majek, flats cat or dozens others can do that. And then what? If you actually see something can you stop? Not without the airboat on the phone.

Many of times I have had to pass up fish that where in 4" of water and I couldn't stop till I found a pot hole to stop in. My boat drafts around 8" if loaded down right.
Posted By: nolte_martin

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/30/13 01:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keX7nWtpRIg&feature=player_detailpage

see no big deal and this is not me just found it on youtube

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/30/13 01:46 AM

and thats a 20V....

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/30/13 06:24 AM

Yep no big trick.
There's a guy at 2cool with a video of a Majek running in no water just mud. That was impressive for a prop rig for sure. But even the best props can't run where the jet can and especially can't get up in. But I can't haul five people and their bucket of croakies and 300 lbs of ice.

Re: Shoalwater 23 Cat with Yamaha 250 SHO w/ TRP Running Hard and Skinny. - 12/30/13 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
Yep no big trick.
There's a guy at 2cool with a video of a Majek running in no water just mud. That was impressive for a prop rig for sure. But even the best props can't run where the jet can and especially can't get up in. But I can't haul five people and their bucket of croakies and 300 lbs of ice.

Funny how much people think they need to fish. We have one igloo cooler 120q for fish and a soft sided cooler for drinks.. A small bait well that isnt always on the boat. I like to say I am loaded light even with 3 people on the boat over 200lbs
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum