Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations

Posted By: roster342

Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/03/10 03:26 PM

I need recommendaions for a beachhouse right off the beach so we could see the kids from the house. Looking for Aug 12-15. (10-12 ppl).
Posted By: Barstow

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/03/10 03:48 PM

I'd recommend the one house that didnt get blown away....ocean view...no close neighbors...quiet...LOL Jk...I've been wondering the same thing myself man...good luck
Posted By: Heather

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/03/10 06:19 PM

we always used swedes real estate,but that was before the hurricane. frown

www.swedesrealestate.com
Posted By: TxLadyAngler423

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/04/10 10:20 PM

I agree with Heather. We've used quite a few beach houses with Swedes. Prices have gone up since Ike but most of the houses are new but it's on Crystal Beach and during the week the beach is practically yours. Plus Rollover is just down the street. fish
Posted By: cklimpt

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/07/10 03:54 PM

My parents own one in Surfside just a few blocks from the Jetty. They advertise on VRBO.com It has houses located all over the island.

Might want to check that out.
Posted By: txbowhntr

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/08/10 01:04 PM

There are a number of real estate rental links on crystalbeach.com
Posted By: kidrick68

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/09/10 04:03 AM

I recommend www.beachresortservices.com they are out of Surfside.

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/09/10 04:05 AM

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/09/10 04:06 AM

Posted By: lextech

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/09/10 12:26 PM

check out vrbo.com also
Posted By: cklimpt

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/14/10 09:37 PM

My parents own one in Surfside just a few blocks from the Jetty. They advertise on VRBO.com It has houses located all over the island.

Might want to check that out.
Posted By: ellgrubb

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/15/10 12:39 PM

sand and sea resorts a bunch of houses right on the water of all shapes and sizes. We have one rented late july as well.
Posted By: TxLadyAngler423

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/25/10 08:34 PM

I was just down in Galveston this week. I'd try to find one by Surfside, the beaches are way cleaner than the mountains of seaweed on Galveston.
Posted By: FishTex

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/25/10 10:30 PM

We rent thru either Castaways or Bay Reef Realty and we always stay in Sea Isle.

Posted By: acclaimnet

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/26/10 02:51 AM

Here are a couple of nice houses we've used the last 2 years that are right on the beach.
http://www.castawaysgroup.com/arias.html
http://www.castawaysgroup.com/arial.html
They are owned by the same guy, and you can rent directly through him (and save a few bucks) or through the castaways site if you feel better about that. The second one is a little nicer, but both have been upgraded since the hurricane and are in great condition. They are about 14 miles west from the seawall, almost to SLP. Fishing is great in the surf right out the back door. PM me if you want the contact info for the owner to book directly or ask any questions.
Posted By: striker

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/26/10 03:16 PM

We are staying here for the first time in Sept so I dont have a review but the price is right and the view is awesome, and also the lady who owns it is very nice and has been a huge help.
beach house down from san luis pass
Posted By: Catfish-1

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/26/10 05:32 PM

Just rented one from castawaygroup.com last week for our summer vacation in July. Not many left to pick from because almost all are booked thru the summer already. Everyone coming this way due to oil everywhere else.

The one we usually rent every year is no longer here due to Hurricane Ike. We were the last ones to rent that one because the next weekend it was gone.

Good luck in your search.
Posted By: lextech

Re: Galveston Beachhouse Recommendations - 06/27/10 01:30 AM

Just got back. We enjoyed it, stayed at Jamaica Beach. I saw lots of people catching trout early in the surf on spoons. I managed to catch hard heads. Got stung by a jelly fish frown There was a lot of sea weed on the beach and if you look in less than 1 foot of water before noon, the sting rays were chasing shad. That was cool to see but creepy. The bait shops said the sea weed is bad all over island. The water was clearer than I remembered in the past. FYI the only open pier at this time is @ Sea Wolf park. Price is $6 per person and $6 to park open 24 /7. When the dolphins showed up we did not get any more bites. Guess they ate the small bait fish we were catching. We did not catch anything better from the pier than in the surf or flats. A good time was had by all. just remember to use sun block and have fun. We have used vrbo.com twice and were not disappointed yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum