Texas Fishing Forum

Rockport/Port Aransas Guide

Posted By: pirogueman

Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 04/18/08 05:09 PM

Me and a bunch of buddies are heading to Rockport for a bachelor party at the end of May and I am wanting to get suggestions for a good guide that can put us on some reds and trout. I had a guy by the name of George Herzog recommended to me and also wanted to know if anyone has fished with him? Thanks for the help.
Posted By: PJ Shac

Re: Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 04/18/08 09:27 PM

He is a good one if you can get the date you need he stays pretty BZ
Posted By: klr

Re: Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 04/22/08 03:04 PM

Don't know anything about George Herzog, but I've fished with Don and Petra Schultz of Green Hornet Guide Service out of Rockport...they are the best 361-790-9742
Posted By: cary 21x2

Re: Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 04/22/08 03:47 PM

I have been out with george herzog several times.Always caught fish.George is a good guy.There is also a guy named dempsey rowe
very good as well.went out with him in august and we had 3 limits of reds and trout and was back at con brown harbodrinking beer at noon.He and george are friends and communicate where the fish are.They useually put in at con brown harbor in aransas pass.
Posted By: bobby705

Re: Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 05/04/08 10:56 PM

Check out Capt. Bob Bean at http://www.portafishing.com/

Posted By: FPF

Re: Rockport/Port Aransas Guide - 05/09/08 10:47 AM

If you are going to Rockport, you need to look into Jay Watkings or Jay Ray Watkings. Getting with Jay this late will probably be impossible, but Jay Ray may be open. Both are awesome and they are great teachers, constantly helping you the entire time. I swear Jay is a reincarnated refish or trout, he just knows so much about saltwater fishing it'll blow you away. One day he's going to hop out of the boat and chase a topwater.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum