Texas Fishing Forum

Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE?

Posted By: Power Fisherman

Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE? - 11/02/22 04:25 AM

I often fish South Padre Island, but I have been watching all of these videos of people catching so many fish on at the Packery Channel Jetties. I was planning to fish for large sharks but the beach was weeded out. Time to drive north to hit the rocks. Finger mullet every where. Mansfield Jetty Rocks in the Fall.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE? - 11/02/22 11:47 AM

Enjoyed the video. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Bob A

Re: Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE? - 11/03/22 03:28 PM

Nice video. I've been lurking here most of the summer. We are heading back in a few weeks and Mustang Island is one of the places we will be camping at again. Last year was my first year fishing in that area. Learned a lot, didn't catch much and hoping to change that this year and next. Goose Island is the other area we will be right on the bay.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE? - 11/03/22 09:55 PM

Cool video! Lots of action. thumb
Posted By: Power Fisherman

Re: Packery Channel or Mansfield Jetties for the HOT REDFISH BITE? - 11/05/22 03:17 AM

Thanks guys!

The action may be on of off in this location. When it is on, the fishing is particularly good. The best bite seems to be when the wind has been blowing out of the north for a day or so due to a cold front, and then the wind just starts to blow from the south. That first day of wind out of the south is almost always good. On an east breeze forget it. Lockjaw.

Northeast wind will produce sometime.

Deaver
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum