Texas Fishing Forum

Capping off scupper drain outlet

Posted By: Bigslatts

Capping off scupper drain outlet - 08/18/22 01:06 PM

I have a 2014 Blue Wave Purebay. For the last couple of years I have placed plugs in to the scupper drain holes on the floor drains of my boat. Leaving only the main drain hole open. In the event I get water in the boat, which rarely happens. Now I have found a small leak in one of the scupper drain lines that is leaking water into the hull. The bilge pump does a fine job of pumping out the water and my intention is to replace the hose and hose clamps. This got me thinking of just removing the hose and capping off the scupper outlet on both sides of the boat. Eliminating 2 holes on the hull that can allow water into the hull. I am looking for any input from those that have done the same or have any foresight into the pros and cons of this idea of capping off the scupper outlet. I have toyed with the idea of just putting plugs into the scupper outlet from the outside but worry they could fall out during usage of the boat. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Capping off scupper drain outlet - 09/02/22 02:32 AM

I plug my scuppers all the time because my deck sits below water surface at idle. That said, I still have the ability to remove the plug and run on plane to get the water out. Without some deck draining ability you're going to have water in your boat all the time. I'd fix the hose.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum