Texas Fishing Forum

GOOSE ISLAND STATE PARK FISHING?

Posted By: 361V

GOOSE ISLAND STATE PARK FISHING? - 06/02/22 01:25 PM

In a couple weeks I have reservations for a water front RV site at Goose Island State Park for several days. Have never been to this state park. How is the fishing directly off the shore into bay from the water front campsites? Fishing from the pier? Crabbing from shore? And finally: how is fishing at night as the website says the pier is lighted? Any general info on what to expect is greatly appreciated. Guessing my bigger surf casting rods not necessary here? General bait info and what species to expect mid summer? Thank you, Neil.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: GOOSE ISLAND STATE PARK FISHING? - 06/02/22 02:58 PM

I went out there a few months ago. That area is legit. Very shallow so expect wade fishing from the banks. The pier also has stairs where you can wade fish over the oyster beds in some areas. The pier is lit up and great at night for trout under the lights over the oyster beds. Many people use live shrimp, but I always used artificial and did fine. If you go to the end you can find deeper water. You can use cut crab for black drum or cut bait for reds possibly moving through.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: GOOSE ISLAND STATE PARK FISHING? - 06/03/22 04:17 AM

PM sent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum