Texas Fishing Forum

Port A - anything happening?

Posted By: JohnRussell

Port A - anything happening? - 08/16/21 07:24 PM

Hey guys, just checking in....bored.. lol. Boat is at a mechanic in Rockport atm, JD Marine. Hope to get it back.. eh.. some day.. lol working.

So, thought I would see what is happening, in the meantime, on the coast. Anyone have any good fish stories for down there?;)

Russ
Posted By: Stanley Orchard

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/18/21 12:51 PM

I just spent seven of the past fourteen days out on the island fishing every spot I could physically get into... it's been rough. There fish around, but a lot harder to get into than normal. Trout are hitting in the early a.m. around the jetties and the guts close to the bank. Heard good things about the Port A jetties but I didn't make it out that far. Afraid the conditions this weekend are going to suck and I'm in need of a break so I'm phoning it in the next few days. if you head out good luck!
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/18/21 06:13 PM

I have a family get together early Oct. I was thinking of fishing 1/2 day and wondering if it's worth it to get a guide and fish. I'm not dragging my boat from north Texas all the way down so it's like $350-400 for 5 hours. Kind of expensive unless you can really get on some reds. Advice?
Posted By: bert r

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/18/21 06:20 PM

I fished offshore out of Packery the last of July, my first Packery trip, liked going out there better than PA. Catching bait was much easier around Packery also. However, I discovered that the artificial reefs out there are much overfished and I had to rely on my numbers to catch good fish. This past weekend, went to Port Mansfield but just had average luck down there, unless you consider shark. Did trade for some good shrimp, 2.5 gallons of de-headed, 30 count for a pint of Evan Williams, 5 cigars, & 1 package cookies. Water was like a lake also...
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/18/21 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W
I have a family get together early Oct. I was thinking of fishing 1/2 day and wondering if it's worth it to get a guide and fish. I'm not dragging my boat from north Texas all the way down so it's like $350-400 for 5 hours. Kind of expensive unless you can really get on some reds. Advice?

You might consider going on the bay/jetty 4 hour trip out of dolphindocks. My wife and I have done really well with them over the years in October on reds. I think it is $65.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/19/21 12:19 PM

Very nice, fellas!

We are headed out to Rockport in September to do some fishing and beach cleanup with the Scout Troop. Hope to get them on some fish at the Goose Island State Park.

R
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/19/21 02:56 PM

Early morning good in the surf first gut with cordell casting spoon! Beach access 1a
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Port A - anything happening? - 08/20/21 03:27 PM

Try Jen DeLeon She and her husband guide out of Rockport
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum