Texas Fishing Forum

Best boat brand for salt and fresh

Posted By: D1988

Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/05/21 06:50 PM

I have been kicking the idea around for a boat to bass fish and take to bay fish out of.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/05/21 07:12 PM

Three off the bat.
Haynie magnum
Tran XLR8
Majek extreme.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 12:45 AM

Blazer Bay

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 01:04 AM

What is the opinion of Sportsman, Tidewater, Sea Pro and Blue Wave?

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 01:12 AM

Not nearly as well as the three listed.
And if you’re leaning more bass than bay look hard at a boca lake n bay.

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 03:26 AM

Thanks all info appreciated.

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 12:52 PM

AND....
If you're wandering around boat dealers looking at "bay boats" and such, be VERY aware there is a huge difference between rigging for freshwater and rigging for saltwater. It takes 3X the time to do a proper rig when it's headed for the brine. Freshwater guys who are used to bass boats and pontoons have zero clue what's required. Then a year after your first trip to the bay and nothings working any more, you'll understand.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 01:44 PM

This is a Bad Azz Boat!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/06/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by D1988
What is the opinion of Sportsman, Tidewater, Sea Pro and Blue Wave?

I have fished out of a Blue Wave many times. They are a good boat, but float deeper in the water than Blazer Bay. I have fished several Sea Pro boats and I like them. They are a good working boat. I have fished in one Sportsman and it was a solid boat. For the bay and jetty I would have higher gunnels than the Sportsman I fished from.

Just to give you an idea of versatility, here is a picture of my old Kenner. It was the best all around boat I have fished in and is basically the same boat as the blazer bay. It would take almost all freshwater situations, get up in the bay in 6” of water, and I took it 60 miles offshore with some modifications like more gas, and the kicker motor.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tx2step

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/07/21 08:25 PM

If your not wanting to break the bank,Bluewave is a good choice.They have been in business for a long time for good reason.
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/13/21 12:46 PM

Lake & Bay Boca Grande 20'

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mo

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/13/21 02:00 PM

there are probably better boats , but I have been a satisfied Bluewave for a long time. I bought a 189 in the mid 90's , upgraded to
a 22 ft in 2001. I still own that boat , repowered with a four stroke this year.
MO

If money no object , I would look at Parker
Posted By: ricochetrabbit

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/13/21 09:24 PM

Blackjack
[Linked Image]
Isla Morada
[Linked Image]
Simmons - Made in Texas texas
[Linked Image]
Turner - Made in Texas texas
[Linked Image]
Yellowfin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/13/21 10:15 PM

Lanier Customs Fastcat. But they ain't cheap.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/15/21 11:33 PM

Majek Extreme is a pretty good one for both Lake and Bay. Better on the bay than lake but decent to bass fish out of. Love the boat. Pretty good ride. A lot of the suggestions like Lake and Bay, Simmons, Yellowfin, Turner are on the upper end price wise.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skeeterboud

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/17/21 12:03 AM

Lake and Bay , Boca Grand. had one built for me 11.5 yrs ago..sold it 3 months ago for 3,024$ less than what i paid for it. 80-85mph any time of the year. good hole shot, extremely efficient(4.8-5.8 mpg between 65-48mph). i've owned extremes, 2100ls xlr8's, etc. lnb by far my fav. huge, well designed live well. you can put a 31" trout in and it can swim around in a circle and not get hung up. another one to consider....ranger cayman or intercoastal
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/17/21 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by skeeterboud
Lake and Bay , Boca Grand. had one built for me 11.5 yrs ago..sold it 3 months ago for 3,024$ less than what i paid for it. 80-85mph any time of the year. good hole shot, extremely efficient(4.8-5.8 mpg between 65-48mph). i've owned extremes, 2100ls xlr8's, etc. lnb by far my fav. huge, well designed live well. you can put a 31" trout in and it can swim around in a circle and not get hung up. another one to consider....ranger cayman or intercoastal

That’s a pretty solid lack of depreciation. Boat prices have increased at a stupid rate.
Posted By: TrueTexan

Re: Best boat brand for salt and fresh - 07/22/21 03:22 PM

I love my Bluewave Classic ... its 20 years old and going strong. While staying away from things like CARPET ... is a must for me. Its' more about maintenance and more specifically MOTOR MAINTENANCE.

GL
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum