Texas Fishing Forum

How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp!

Posted By: lukedh94

How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/28/21 12:09 PM

Hey yall!

Jack was lucky enough to take a trip down to Florida during the winter to escape the cold. While down there he found a nice Sheepshead honey hole. I love catching Sheepshead but wasn't sure if everyone was knowledgable about sheepshead fishing so we decided to throw together a quick tutorial video. Hope this helps but reach out with any questions!

Thanks!

Posted By: atx_ben

Re: How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/28/21 01:22 PM

Nice vid -- we always caught them in the canals in Galveston in the winter/spring time with hermit crabs. You can chum them up by scraping barnacles off of the bulkhead (a bent garden hoe, or flathead shovel work). Give them about an hour to congregate (during which time you walk/drive around to several places, scraping barnacles off of pilings). Then break the hermit crabs out of their shell with a hammer and go to work. Easy limits when the weather is bad, and (assuming you're not driving) the perfect kind of fishing to do drunk smile
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/28/21 08:55 PM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/29/21 02:23 PM

Sand Fleas are a great bait for them suckers...I have a technique using those sand fleas fishing from piers in N.Carolina. It works. If ya wanna know, I'll tell ya.
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/29/21 05:55 PM

And don't forget the common periwinkle snail (seawall snail) - they absolutely can't resist them (redfish too).

Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: How To Catch Sheepshead - Sheepshead Fishing Tutorial With Live Shrimp! - 04/30/21 08:17 PM

good stuff!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum