Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Rescue at the Coast

Posted By: parttime

Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/13/20 01:11 PM

We were fishing off the North Jetty in Port Aransas when we notice a boat in trouble by the end of the south jetty.

Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/13/20 02:20 PM

All good and ended well. My worry would have been for them to drift out further and one of those big tankers come through and take them out. Great job paying it forward!

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/13/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
All good and ended well. My worry would have been for them to drift out further and one of those big tankers come through and take them out. Great job paying it forward!

Thank you. Yeah that was also a concern of ours. We're just happy it all ended well.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/14/20 12:41 AM

Well done parttime.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/14/20 01:06 AM

thumb clap

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/14/20 12:48 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: carb

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/15/20 08:41 PM

[Linked Image]

What a small world hahah. The gray center console that passed by near the entry to the marina was me. I figured he had lost power on the way out and had not made it out to the bay yet. I saw he was getting help so I kept putting along. The next day I saw another boat getting towed in from the jetties Pretty dangerous stuff to lose power out there.

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/16/20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by carb
[Linked Image]

What a small world hahah. The gray center console that passed by near the entry to the marina was me. I figured he had lost power on the way out and had not made it out to the bay yet. I saw he was getting help so I kept putting along. The next day I saw another boat getting towed in from the jetties Pretty dangerous stuff to lose power out there.

Hey, I remember you! Yeah it was not a good place to lose power. Looked like he had spun his hub, he had power to the motor but it just couldn't move the boat. Your the second person that commented on the video that they saw us. Truly a small world.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/17/20 04:44 AM

Nicely done John! You were at the right place at the right time. thumb

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/18/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Nicely done John! You were at the right place at the right time. thumb

Thank you Sir!
Posted By: horton5303

Re: Boat Rescue at the Coast - 11/25/20 01:22 AM

Keep that Anchor handy.