Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Surf Kayak Help

Posted By: briancooper

Galveston Surf Kayak Help - 08/06/20 07:44 PM

We are going down to Galveston (Terramar Beach) in a couple of weeks and I am bringing the yak. I am going to fish sea isle area, but wanted to know if its calm enough to paddle past the surf on the gulf side and troll some yozuri cystal minnows for spanish and kings (not sure if kings are even in that close right now)?? Is that viable, or should i stick inshore?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Galveston Surf Kayak Help - 08/08/20 06:04 PM

It is calm enough today and has been all week, we were out yesterday, Get out about 100yds no waves and its eerily quiet!! Lots of fish being caught. Sea Isle is only place I could find shrimp. The catch everything and keeps the kids busy, Check out G Town surf, good cams will give you an idea, its only forecasted 2ft for next week, has been one. Pay attention to tides and fish the moving water, Might load up for a pass trip tomorrow it was so good yesterday, this was right across on the beach from the water tower[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Galveston Surf Kayak Help - 08/09/20 06:36 PM

Night and day difference today, total butt kicker. Passed the terramar sign and remembered posting this. Only fishable water was at the pass. It got rough. Go to 2 coolfishing.com I put a report.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum