Texas Fishing Forum

Rockport - Canoe Lake

Posted By: bballbk

Rockport - Canoe Lake - 07/16/20 06:56 PM

Hi group - I am coming to rockport to stay for a few days with the fiance. unfortunately we are not getting any guides or bringing myb oat, but i do have some limited wading gear. I am staying right on Canoe Lake. Does anyone know if Canoe Lake has some trout or redfish that i could catch? Any spots you would recommend just wading into? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Rockport - Canoe Lake - 07/16/20 09:33 PM

I see a lot of people wading in little bay, looks like it should be good with potholes and decent amount of fresh bay water in and out.
Posted By: GHSTgoesBOO

Re: Rockport - Canoe Lake - 07/17/20 06:39 PM

Little bay, behind the airport on Copano, Estes flats behind paradise key restaurant
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Rockport - Canoe Lake - 07/17/20 07:37 PM

Rockport... fiance..... fishing... Man things have changed since I was young... hmmm
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Rockport - Canoe Lake - 07/18/20 01:19 PM

I just got back from Rockport. Hired a guide and limited out on Redfish, but it was tough. He said that the tide was way out and still falling (I guess due to wind direction). I did see several other guides come in with good catches of Trout and Black Drum.

Is Canoe Llake that flat behind the Rockport Beach peninsula? If so, I saw several kayaks fishing it early morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum