Texas Fishing Forum

Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review

Posted By: Derek 🐝

Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 07:38 PM

I've been searching guide reviews for the past month on here and on the interwebs. Decided to go with Wave Dancer and glad I did. Can't say enough good about them. Booked a half day jetty trip for Tuesday afternoon from 1-5. Got there at 1. Storms were all around us. Captain Gunner said lets give it an hour and see what the weather does. He didn't want to cancel but also didn't want to get out there for an hour and have to come back. At 2 things were improving so we said lets do it. Headed out. He gets a call from another guide telling him where he is hot on some speckled right now so we head there. Started getting on them immediately. Bite was steady for a while. It was pretty rough so when the bite slowed we went around to the other side of the jetty. The calmer side. Catching them one after another. Not a lot of huge ones but a fun steady bites of speckled, blue fish, sharks, sand trout and a few others I forget the name of. I was helping my daughter and she was slaying them. She caught 2 keeper speckled and at least 30 others of a mixed bag. Captain Gunner was working his butt off.

So we have another hour or so left. He gets a call from a guy that's about a mile away. He into some larger sharks. Gunner said if y'all want we will head that way, but it's going to be rough. We said lets go. He switched to his shark gear quickly and we start doing some drifting. Had a couple bites but no hook set. Then all of sudden SING! That line was running. My nephew grabbed it and had the fight of his life. About a 5' black tip. That fight was awesome.

Gunner didn't cut an hour off our trip waiting on the weather. He took us out from 2-6. He worked very hard and was great to talk to. My daughter was exhausted by the end.

If you're looking for a guide. I highly recommend them. I had read many reviews about Gunner prior to this trip and he did not live those reviews down. Fantastic day and great guy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 07:42 PM

thumb

Looks like y'all are having a great time!
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 07:45 PM

Looks like a great time for sure.
Posted By: lanman71

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 07:46 PM

cheers
Awesome man. Some good memories made!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 07:47 PM

cheers
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 08:43 PM

great job dad.

fun trip right there
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 11:45 PM

great job
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 11:53 PM

Awesome report.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 11:54 PM

thumb
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/25/20 11:58 PM

WTG sir
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 01:41 AM

And a good day was had by all !
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 02:21 AM

cheers
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 02:31 AM

Thanks. I had it narrowed down to 2-3 guides. Michael Littlejohn (Twok guide) posted on here to go with them on a post I found. So that was the deal breaker when I booked them, I trust MLJ. Captain Gunner had nothing but great things to say about MLJ.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 02:59 AM

Awesome trip!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 09:46 AM

clap
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Wave Dancer Charters - Galveston Review - 06/26/20 01:16 PM

coolphotos thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum