Texas Fishing Forum

Boat ramps

Posted By: Matt Vallier

Boat ramps - 03/24/20 07:20 PM

Anyone heard of boat ramps or launches being closed in Freeport or Galveston?
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Boat ramps - 03/24/20 09:17 PM

shelter in place starts at midnight tonight.

Re: Boat ramps - 03/24/20 10:04 PM

What if I want to shelter on my boat 🤔

Re: Boat ramps - 03/24/20 11:09 PM

thinking the same thing. if i don't come in contact with anyone else while fishing, i can't spread the virus.
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Boat ramps - 03/24/20 11:21 PM

Check your shelter in place order and those for places you would drive through and launch from.
In the DFW area they allow outside exercise while practicing social distancing.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Boat ramps - 03/24/20 11:41 PM

Galveston Cnty Residents may only leave their homes to seek medical care, pick up essential items such as food-for humans or pets-or household supplies, "Participate in SOLITARY OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES or to work at an essential business. All short term rental folks are to leave the island. Piers and game rooms will be closed.

Re: Boat ramps - 03/25/20 12:38 PM

Is it too much to ask for an answer of “yes the boat ramps are open” or “no they are closed” before I drive an hour down there with my boat?

Re: Boat ramps - 03/25/20 10:31 PM

Surfside boat launch is open if anyone was wondering

Re: Boat ramps - 03/25/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Vallier
Is it too much to ask for an answer of “yes the boat ramps are open” or “no they are closed” before I drive an hour down there with my boat?

if i knew the answer i would have told you. is it too much to pick up the phone and call a bait shop/ramp and ask THEM. i was trying to let you know what is going on around here.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Boat ramps - 03/26/20 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Vallier

YES they are open. Solitary fishing is permitted.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum