Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine Pass

Posted By: G-Ginger

Sabine Pass - 03/23/20 06:16 PM

I am completely new to the saltwater fishing other then going offshore with charters. I fished the jetties and some things between the bridge and the jetties on Saturday. My question is does anyone fish the rigs within the 30-40 mile range of the jetties, and if so what is there to catch? Sabine is the closest saltwater to us is the reason I have chosen it to start trying. Saturday was our first run at it and the wind was way more then forecasted so we stayed in the jetties. We will be going back soon, just need a little help trying to decide the best times to go.
Posted By: ST1300

Re: Sabine Pass - 03/30/20 01:51 PM

Hi I fish Sabine with my Pops but never go more than few miles past jetties. I have friends that go out further. As to what you can catch. Depends on time of year and water temps etc... but Snapper, Black Drum, Sheaphead, Cobia (ling), Mackerel Spanish and King, Triple Tail, etc... My friends have GPS locations that they fish and that is probably the key. Knowing were to go for structure and or rigs. The following web site has list of most all inshore and offshore fish you can catch on Texas coast. https://txmarspecies.tamug.edu/fish%20names%20table.cfm

I would suggest finding people that do this type of fishing and see if they are willing to let you tag along as in multi boat trip to learn the spots.

Good luck to you and good fishing.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Sabine Pass - 03/31/20 12:37 AM

All Rockpor/Aransas County ramps are closed. I believe Aransas Pass ramps are open. No gathering less than 6 feet. IslandJim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum