Texas Fishing Forum

Where can I fish in seapro 2400sv (Aransas Pass)

Posted By: cliff777

Where can I fish in seapro 2400sv (Aransas Pass) - 02/27/20 04:02 AM

I have lived in Texas my whole life. Fished Aransas pass a few dozen times. We always stay in the channels for fear of running a-ground. I have a seapro 2400sv with a 225 Honda and a hydraulic jack plate. My boat doesn't have a tunnel hull so I'm not sure of the exact draft on it. I'm guessing 2' minimum. Is anyone out there willing to help me out with a few spots to take my little kiddos out fishing that might produce a bite? I'm at that pivotal stage where the fishing needs to be good to keep the kids hooked on fishing. If the kids are hooked, the wife is hooked, and a happy fishing wife is a happy fishing life! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Where can I fish in seapro 2400sv (Aransas Pass) - 02/27/20 12:37 PM

If there are docks nearby, get some squid or shrimp and cut it into tiny pieces and chum around the docks. Use a standard Zebco spincast, a bobber and a small hook using the same bait and your kids will have a blast catching all the pinfish you can handle.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Where can I fish in seapro 2400sv (Aransas Pass) - 02/27/20 01:05 PM

Head up the intracoastal toward Port Aransas and turn north at the intersection. Head up to the north side of Mud Island. Come off the channel into the wind at idle speed with your jack plate down (that way if you hit bottom you can lift it up and float out). Run up as far as you can and drift the flats back throwing spoons or soft plastics. Look for active birds. Just be careful not to run up on a oyster bed. Once you do this a few times you will feel better about where you can go. If this is not productive then anchor on the edge of the intercoastal self and throw out shrimp on the bottom. You will almost always catch something with a shrimp on the bottom. If you don't get something in about 30 minutes then move to a new location. You can also go to the north jetty on a calm day and catch fish on the north side of the rocks. Other good spots close to Aransas Pass are the old posts in the channel out of Hampton's Landing Boat Ramp, the bridge supports under highway 361, and structure in Conn Brown Harbor.
Posted By: cliff777

Re: Where can I fish in seapro 2400sv (Aransas Pass) - 02/28/20 02:09 AM

Awesome! Thank you so much! Were going to give it a shot and I'll post an update!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum