Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston party boats???

Posted By: Jhicksmedic

Galveston party boats??? - 12/13/19 03:55 AM

Looking to go down to Galveston for a few days with the family Dec. 22 fish the 23 and head home the 24. Deal is we have 4 adults 6 teenagers and 1 three year old. Only found one place that will take the 3 year old and 4 hour bay trip only. With 11 people one being only 3 I'm guessing a 4 hour party boat is our only option. There has to be more then 2 party boats in Galveston. Any ideas??
Posted By: Day0ne

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/13/19 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jhicksmedic
There has to be more then 2 party boats in Galveston. Any ideas??

More than 2 party boats but only 2 companies
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/13/19 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jhicksmedic
There has to be more then 2 party boats in Galveston.

With the ever-tightening restrictions on headboats, partyboat operations in Texas have a tough time. Not enough $$ in it for others to open.
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/13/19 02:31 PM

I might suggest contacting a bay fishing guide...many guides work together and could put a trip together with 2-3 boats which could accommodate your party. You'll likely be more productive than being elbow to elbow on a party boat catching gafftop in the bay.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/16/19 05:52 PM

You can try Captain Rodney out of Freeport. He could possibly arrange something with another boat and get everyone out at the same time. He does inshore fishing for BIG bull reds, shark, kings and inshore snapper.

​Call: 207-333-1041 or
Email: info@oliviajcharters.com
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/16/19 09:41 PM

Try Blue Fin in Freeport, you will have a great trip positively. 1 boat handles up to 13 I think. 4 Sure on the great trip.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/16/19 11:07 PM

I second the Blue Fin out of Freeport. It's a one hour drive from Galveston south to Surfside/Freeport. If you decide to stay in Surfside Beach, TX then its a 10 minute drive.
You need to call and make sure places are going to be open the week of Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them shut down that week.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/17/19 12:11 AM

Expect to ride over to the Jetties and near the Tx City Dike.......on those 4 hour jobs.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Galveston party boats??? - 12/17/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by lenahorse
Try Blue Fin in Freeport, you will have a great trip positively. 1 boat handles up to 13 I think. 4 Sure on the great trip.

I forgot about Bluefin. That would be your best bet!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum