Texas Fishing Forum

Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th

Posted By: metalruch1

Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 05:28 PM

I am looking to do some Surf Fishing with my Dad and my 11 year old son... I'm an avid Bass Fisherman, but I know nothing about surf fishing... any pointers will be appreciated... Also, if anyone knows of bay guides I can call, that info would be great, too. I have called all the one's I have found and they are all booked up...

Thank you!!
Posted By: FishyB

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 05:48 PM

Just sent you a PM
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 06:18 PM

Beware of RIP TIDES and Bull Sharks.....

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Beware of RIP TIDES and Bull Sharks.....

thank you for the warning... do you think you can be more specific?
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 09:30 PM

One of the members of this forum, TheFluke215, has started a surf fishing guide business. His prices look fair and I plan on booking with him this fall hopefully.
Use the search option on here for "surf fishing guide" and you should find him.
Posted By: Texas Fight

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/02/19 09:37 PM

Throw some surf rods out with cut mullet as far as possible. Jetties always have small fish fishing with shrimp and roll over pass will have something if you sit and soak enough.
Posted By: Johle

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/03/19 01:25 AM

Get in touch with Green Tide Surf Fishing. Cody Davis. We fished with him last week and caught a 5ft 6inch Bull Shark and a 41 1/2 inch bull red.

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/03/19 05:29 PM

thanks gents!
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/03/19 10:28 PM

If ya have cuts or open wounds on your body.....please be aware of the bacteria (Vibrio/flesh eating disease that can be fatal) that MAY be lurking in the waters. Google is your friend here.
Posted By: lagunaviking

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/04/19 05:20 PM

Save your $$$. Yak a whole or cut mullet out a few hundred yards, soak, sit , and hook up. Plenty of bulls and blacktips running the surf. I would go between rollover and the 124 turnoff. Mainly to avoid the tourists at CB. Good luck.

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/05/19 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by lagunaviking
Save your $$$. Yak a whole or cut mullet out a few hundred yards, soak, sit , and hook up. Plenty of bulls and blacktips running the surf. I would go between rollover and the 124 turnoff. Mainly to avoid the tourists at CB. Good luck.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/05/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
If ya have cuts or open wounds on your body.....please be aware of the bacteria (Vibrio/flesh eating disease that can be fatal) that MAY be lurking in the waters. Google is your friend here.

Yeah, I've been paying attention to this... thanks for the head's up!
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/06/19 12:41 PM

Sent you a pm
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/06/19 09:49 PM

If you're going to be at Crystal beach then check out Roll Over Pass. This past week there have been numerous large trout caught off the bank on mirror lures. The 52MR54 (black back silver side and black belly has been a killer on the incoming tide. Drift it slow and deep. Also at times the 52MR808 has been dynamite. You can throw those on your conventional bass tackle just be sure to adjust the drags since these big trout run hard in that current.
Tight lines!

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/07/19 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
One of the members of this forum, TheFluke215, has started a surf fishing guide business. His prices look fair and I plan on booking with him this fall hopefully.
Use the search option on here for "surf fishing guide" and you should find him.

Ready when you are Beer money!

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/07/19 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Johle
Get in touch with Green Tide Surf Fishing. Cody Davis. We fished with him last week and caught a 5ft 6inch Bull Shark and a 41 1/2 inch bull red.

Thanks Freddy! I noticed you didn’t mention Jimmy’s red? Must’ve been because yours was bigger huh? See y’all next time! Don’t be trying to steal my shovel anymore!! Lol
Posted By: Johle

Re: Going to Crystal Beach July 8th thru 11th - 07/08/19 01:26 AM

Oh yeah. One large shark and two big bull reds ! Cody works hard to produce fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum