Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Saltwater Elite Angler Program

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Texas Saltwater Elite Angler Program - 05/09/19 10:42 PM

I recently published a book titled, "The Art of Fishing for Records" and I am interested in how many of the anglers on this forum are familiar with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Saltwater Elite Angler Program. I basically have 2 questions:

1. Have you heard of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Saltwater Elite Angler Program?

2. If you are a Texas Parks and Wildlife Saltwater Elite angler, how long did it take you to acquire all five big fish awards to get your Elite Angler Certificate?

It is a great program is you are not familiar with it and you should give it a try.
Posted By: Lindsey

Re: Texas Saltwater Elite Angler Program - 05/17/19 07:01 AM

1. Yes, and I'm actively working to attain my certification. I have four of the five fish (speck, redfish, black drum, ans ladyfish). My next trip is in July, and I'm hoping for my sand trout or Spanish mackerel. I started trying for this in 2017, and I take 2-3 trips to the coast annually. I also caught a 21 inch largemouth bass recently, and that will be my first freshwater submission.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Texas Saltwater Elite Angler Program - 05/17/19 06:59 PM

Lindsey congratulations on your accomplishments. You r so close to the saltwater. One possibility is to go on a psrty boat and catch a red snapper. The season is going to be longer this year and that should be pretty easy to get. Once you get the saltwater keep going for the freshwater. Last time I looked there were only 5 of us that have both and my wive and I are 2 of those lol. You might be interested in my book. It has lots of information about catching records in Texas. You can get it on amazon. You will like the saltwater elite angler certificate.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum