Texas Fishing Forum

Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama?

Posted By: JKib

Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama? - 06/03/18 09:28 PM

We are taking the kids down there in the 1st part of August right before school starts and I'm considering bringing my bay boat to try some bay/gulf fishing or just bring my surface drive and hit up the nearby back waters. Anyone had much luck, or is not worth the hassle of trailering a boat 6 hours??
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama? - 06/04/18 12:33 AM

I would rather hire a guide than trailer a boat that far in all that stop/go traffic. you can also catch lots of spanish mackeral off the pier. kings and reds usually make a run each day, too. Ive fished it the last 6 years when we go during the Summer. you'll wear yourself out catching bluefish, ladyfish, blue runners, and spanish macs on bubble rigs and gotchas!
Posted By: JKib

Re: Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama? - 06/04/18 10:40 AM

Yeah, after looking at the guide prices I think that's the route I'm going to go. I'll probable bring a rod or two to give pier/bank fishing a shot as well.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama? - 06/04/18 01:04 PM

I'm going the last weekend of Sept. Pier fishing and night fishing are my plans.
Posted By: tjwareusmc

Re: Ever fished Gulf Shores, Alabama? - 06/10/18 04:30 PM

I love taking a boat down there, they have tons of inshore reefs and nearshore reefs as well as great nearshore trolling. A guide will get you on some fish, but if you take a boat you can also beach it on Robertson island in Perdido pass and fish and enjoy the scenery. It's beautiful on an incoming tide.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum