Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Boat Rental

Posted By: txhuntingguide

Galveston Boat Rental - 04/14/18 06:45 PM

We are going to be staying in Sea Isle June 1-7. I have a 21' Charger that I am not to keen on putting on saltwater at this point. Is there a place or someone that rents fishing boats I could use on west bay for 3-4 days. The house we rented has a boat lift and a slip. It is on the outside corner of the canal and is about a 200 yd straight shot to the bay. Thoughts on a bass boat in the bay or should i rent a boat. Thank you guys for any feed back on this.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Galveston Boat Rental - 04/14/18 06:55 PM

lots of bass boats on the bay in the summer. i'd rather be in my own boat that i'm familiar with.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Galveston Boat Rental - 04/14/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: txhuntingguide
Thoughts on a bass boat in the bay or should i rent a boat.

The bass boat in the bay should be ok, but be sure to give a thorough freshwater washdown, both inside and out, when you're done.

If you have a painted trailer, you may not want to dunk it in saltwater. But otherwise, just be sure to wash the trailer down ASAP every time you dunk it in the salt.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Galveston Boat Rental - 04/15/18 03:21 AM

Don't put your bass boat in salt water....

Boat rentals I haven't heard of any. Guide probably be the best choice.
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Galveston Boat Rental - 04/16/18 01:49 AM

I put my aluminum bass boat in saltwater once. Never again. Things that you never think about rusted overnight and froze up. Bolts on Trolling Motor Mount, Bilge Pump motor spindle, same with aerator pump, various nuts bolts screws. And that's not even talking about the trailer, which probably takes more abuse than anything. People on the coast use galvanized trailers, and all saltwater gear.

Don't Do It !!!
Posted By: txhuntingguide

Re: Galveston Boat Rental - 04/21/18 07:50 PM

Thank you for the replies. Good info here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum