Texas Fishing Forum

? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing?

Posted By: DCmac

? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/13/18 05:37 PM

What lures might make for some successful catch-release jetty fishing?

It'll be pretty near like having never fished saltwater before - haven't fished salt water in +4 decades, off the MA-NH-ME coastline when I was a kid, with shrimp, squid or cut fish. Half the time with a hand line. Never used lures of any kind.

Edit: Should have said fishing FROM or ON a jetty. I've got a boat but the trailer's only painted so it stays well away from saltwater. The lakes around here are salty enough...
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/13/18 06:06 PM

That question covers a LOT of territory. Me, I use live bait or cut bait 98% of the time. One never knows for sure just what will hit a lure. Sometimes what your trying to catch weighs heavy on what type of lure and what color/s to use. Water clarity and other Earthly factors have a bearing too. I'll leave your question to others that throw a lot of plastics near the jetties. May want to look at www.troutsupport.com for oodles of saltwater fishing info. Tobin has 4 DVD's out....take a look.
Posted By: TXMako2201

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/13/18 06:07 PM

Gold or silver spoons get plenty in different sizes. I like the weedless kind with the single hook
Posted By: smooth move

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/13/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TXMako2201
Gold or silver spoons get plenty in different sizes. I like the weedless kind with the single hook

what he said. also i like large rattle traps(not huge) with the front hook removed. takes a little practice, but you'll learn the right speed to crank em right down the rocks.
just dawned on me you may be on the rocks and not in a boat. might nix the rattle trap idea if you are.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/20/18 03:17 PM

Darryl is that you? I know another DMAC on another board.

topwaters work great after it hits april. soft plastic rigged under a small cork or click cork are also good. the cork keeps the bait suspended and keeps the hook out of the rocks. The Grass Walker is a weedless walk the dog soft plastic that I designed to fish around shallow oyster, grass, rocks, docks, etc etc. etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOcCIIuGtM
Posted By: Bluwave Mike

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/20/18 09:06 PM

What are you wanting to catch? Right know shrimper is working best. Top water early then salt assassins is what I would start out with. Then go to spoon.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: ? "Best" Lures for Jetty Fishing? - 02/23/18 03:07 AM

The noise from the TEXAS RATTLER™ jigs will make those SW Bass Assassins and soft plastics much more effective when jetty fishing.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum